Fratello/Tempo headset/fork stuff

dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
edited July 2012 in The workshop
I posted this in the workshop but obviously nobody goes there (I had to remember where it was to post it in the first place) so will repost here

Will be picking up a Condor Tempo (Fratello but for fixed) today. Comes with the stock Condor Pioggia carbon fork.
I've a Chris King 1 1/8" Threadless Inset headset that I'm not using.
Anyone know offhand whether this can replace the Condor Uno headset (http://www.condorcycles.com/Headsets/81 ... e.tpl.html) that comes as stock?
Fratello review says existing headset is 'Integrated sealed cartridge 11/8in aheadset' so I'd have thought so...?
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Don't see why not; why not have a chat to the guy in the workshop while you are there... he seemed quite willing to chat...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • dhope
    Don't see why not; why not have a chat to the guy in the workshop while you are there... he seemed quite willing to chat...
    Ah, I'm buying it from a bloke on LFGSS rather than new. Just happened to have a CK headset that I thought I could make use of. Reckon'd it'd fit but knew there were a few Fratello owners about so thought I'd ask.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dhope wrote:
    I posted this in the workshop but obviously nobody goes there (I had to remember where it was to post it in the first place) so will repost here

Will be picking up a Condor Tempo (Fratello but for fixed) today. Comes with the stock Condor Pioggia carbon fork.
    Anyone know offhand whether this can replace the Condor Uno headset (http://www.condorcycles.com/Headsets/81 ... e.tpl.html) that comes as stock?
    Fratello review says existing headset is 'Integrated sealed cartridge 11/8in aheadset' so I'd have thought so...?
    two totally different headset standards there that are not interchangable.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dhope
    nicklouse wrote:
    dhope wrote:

two totally different headset standards there that are not interchangable.
    Ah, damn. The 'spare' CK headset stays on the shelf then.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    But that is if you have linked to the correct headset for the frame.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown