Giant Cadex CFR-3

pr0xibus
pr0xibus Posts: 10
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Good morning guys. I might have a chance to buy the above bike. Buying a bike i usually go on reviews, but i cannot find anything for this bike. I am new to Road bikes, i have mainly been on MTB, even then it was usually just a run about. the specs listed for the bike are

Here is a classic carbon road bike, the Giant CADEX CFR-3
Bike is in great condition, some minor paint chips on the lugs from cable rub etc. (zero carbon damage)
Bike has Shimano Ultegra 8 speed groupset, in fantasic condition, the rear mech is a more modern 105 to improve shifting, i have the original Ultegra mech if you want it.

Wheel are ultegra hubs with classic Wolber TX Profil areo rims, one of the best rims around at the time, Wheels true and no flat spots on them. Shod with Conti Gatorskins.
Bars and Stem are classic Cinelli XA
Pedals are Look Carbon Festina Edition (Delta Cleat)
Saddle is a Flite Titanium
Seat post is Campagnolo Chorus
New Bar Tape, new cables.

Does anyone have information on when these bikes were built? Any reviews from people whom have owned them?

Thanks

Comments

• NickWi
    NickWi Posts: 5
    Hi All,

I've had one of these for over ten years. I bought it as a frame & forks set in 2001 and build it up using parts from a broken bike. It was new old stock even then, but was more than good enough for me and I still find the ride extreeeeeeemly comfortable.

I've read comments elsewhere where people say the carbon tubes and the alloy brackets can unglue or whatever it was but whether there is any truth in this or it's just an embelished myth I don't know. All I can say is I'm no lightweight (that the polite of saying it anyway) and after 10years of use and abuse it's still going strong.

I do have a Cadex brochure in PDF format from the era (mid90s) but it's all in German. I found it on the internet fairly easily but if you can't drop me a PM and I'll forward a copy to you.

Nick