Carrera Vulcan feels much better to ride than Boardman?

Shez91
Shez91 Posts: 6
edited July 2012 in MTB general
I recently purchased a Chris Boardman Comp 2010 mountain bike.

I mainly ride on road routes and the odd gravelly trail and I've found that my Carrera Vulcan feels so much better to ride than the Boardman, I am thinking the main reason for this is the frame size is small on the Boardman and medium on the Carrera which is the size I require, I did a bit of reading up on this before purchasing and the general thoughts where that riding a bike with a smaller frame isn't really a problem as long as it feels fine to you, which it did.

Any other factors that could affect this?

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Well a bike that fits will feel better than one that doesn't .... Theres a reason you get different frame sizes!

Some people will be on the border of frame sizes and prefer to have the smaller frame as its lighter and more easy to chuck about.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Shez91 wrote:
    Any other factors that could affect this?

Lots

Fork set up
    Tyre pressure
    bar width
    top tube length
    saddle
    stem length
    etc
    etc

A bike that fits will always feel better than a bike that doesn't.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • dhobiwallah
    dhobiwallah Posts: 272
    When reviewing in the mags they regularly change tyres, bars width and even stems to compare bikes. As has been said fork/shock setup needs to be sorted too. Having said that, you may just prefer the Vulcan.......
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Objectively the Boardman is better. Subjectively that may not be the case.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco