New road rider in Basingstoke

GRAHAM WINKLE
GRAHAM WINKLE Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all

I have just joined the forum having bought my new bike yesterday, although I had many bikes as a kid, I have not ridden much since .
I bought a Specialized Sectuer Elite with the intention of getting fit and building up the strength in a dodgy knee .
I have done a few rides of around 10 miles which seems ok but generally I am pretty unfit :(:wink:
Is there anyone in the same situation in my area and what advice would you give regards building up stamina and fitness .

Thanks
Basingstoke boy !

Comments

• Blimey - I just bought a Secteur Comp to do the same thing with a similar dodgy knee.

Great minds, hey? :lol:
  • I would not say mine is that great !!!
    Whereabouts are you ?
    Basingstoke boy !
  • I would not say mine is that great !!!

the bike or the knee?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Hi all

I have just joined the forum having bought my new bike yesterday, although I had many bikes as a kid, I have not ridden much since .
    I bought a Specialized Sectuer Elite with the intention of getting fit and building up the strength in a dodgy knee .
    I have done a few rides of around 10 miles which seems ok but generally I am pretty unfit :(:wink:
    Is there anyone in the same situation in my area and what advice would you give regards building up stamina and fitness .

Thanks

If you have a dodgy knee, avoid the steep hills, at least unless you are lighter/fitter and you have built strength around the knee area. Increase mileage progressively, in your case it should easy, as living in Basingstoke, you will be keen to ride for longer to get as far as possible from it... :D
    left the forum March 2023
  • Hello,
    I will be getting mine soom and will contact you if your up for getting me started ?

Regards

Darren
    Don't call me sir I work for a living