L2P

This event is dear to my heart. But also my bank balance. £1,200 to ride this year. £170 for the first stage to Dover if you missed out. OK, massively sold out. But massively expensive. Ridden this event 3 times but is 3 days with rolling road blocks, mechanical support but distinctly average hotels in Calais and Amiens justification for this kind of price? The 'Gala' dinner in Paris is another £100 quid on top at the end effectively - if you factor in drinks. Why no free buffet open to all 400 riders who've finished? Thoughts?

Comments

• RichardFcp
    RichardFcp Posts: 155
    Gone up a bit then! I rode it in 2008, and from memory it was between £800 and £900, plus a few extras like parking at the start and Eurostar tickets back.The gala dinner was a stand up Pizza and beer effort. The hotels in Calais and Amiens were as you say distinctly average, but I was knackered and could have slept on a park bench for all that I cared at the time.
    We'll be doing another one next year 400 miles with 4 days riding, 5 nights and it worked out about £550 including breakfast and evening meals, all recovery, electrolyte drinks and gels.
  • topmoxy
    topmoxy Posts: 138
    we are riding this on Saturday, no worries about hotels though.... we are doing the entire ride in 24 hours (hopefully) :(

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartMoxom
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    If you fancy doing it as part of a group but don't want to have to raise loads for charity then join us in late September. 4 members from here doing L2P - see here for details:

viewtopic.php?f=40003&t=12849082&start=80

We're just starting to book stuff so still time to get in on it. All welcome!