Cube AMS

Matt_as
Matt_as Posts: 84
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to buy a full suspension bike for use in the Peaks. There are a lot of rocky descent but just as many ups. I liek the Cube AMS range and just wonder if 150mm travel is too much for the job?

Comments

• Hi,
    Have you looked at the orbea occam its 120 travel but would be ideal for the peaks/UK, 150 may be to much particlary on climbs it all depends what sort of ridig you do, take a look at the Occam they do a 150 travel its the h30X.

Cheers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hi,
    Have you looked at the orbea occam its 120 travel but would be ideal for the peaks/UK, 150 may be to much particlary on climbs it all depends what sort of ridig you do, take a look at the Occam they do a 150 travel its the h30X.

Cheers.
    What is your fixation with Orbea, here you recommend one, in other posts you ask
    Does anyone have a Orbea Occam? if so what are your thoughts? any feedback regarding these bikes is much appreciated.
    Has anyone purchased or tried an orbea occam alloy framed bike? if so what are your thoughts?
    How can you recommend something you don't seem to have ridden. Or do you work for them?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Matt_as wrote:
    I am looking to buy a full suspension bike for use in the Peaks. There are a lot of rocky descent but just as many ups. I liek the Cube AMS range and just wonder if 150mm travel is too much for the job?
    no, it will be fine
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • I've never maxed out my AMS125 and only run my front forks at 135mm around the Peaks :) and often ride out there on my 100mm Hardtail too
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    cooldad wrote:
    Hi,

Cheers.
    What is your fixation with Orbea, here you recommend one, in other posts you ask
    Does anyone have a Orbea Occam? if so what are your thoughts? any feedback regarding these bikes is much appreciated.
    Has anyone purchased or tried an orbea occam alloy framed bike? if so what are your thoughts?
    How can you recommend something you don't seem to have ridden. Or do you work for them?

Inconsistency is punishable by death on this forum
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    150mm travel isn't too heavy going. I used to ride a bike with 170mm travel for everything, it's really not that heavy going on climbs. The cube is more of a long travel trail bike than a all mountain bike.
  • I am in the position to recommend an Orbea as i have now riden one pre my last post, very impressed.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    How many other similar bikes have you rode to compare it to?
    I haven't rode the Orbea but it looks like a very basic suspension design, and not great value. I would rather have the Cube or a Norco Sight.