High 5 2-1 Any good?

mosa
mosa Posts: 754
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
does any one rate the high 5 2:1. stating faster rides, easier & further or your money back etc etc etc does it work? is it worth it?. cost a fortune for the zero's etc so looking for a change or is water alone enough. cheers
My bikes

2018 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I don't use it because of the claims they make, I use it on long rides (along with High 5 gels, Shot Bloks and home made rice cakes) as an easy and fast way of getting carbs into my body on the move. There are other 2:1 products out there but I like the taste of High 5 2:1 Tropical and it agrees with my tummy.

For fast 30 odd mile club rides it's a Zero tab in water and a back-up gel.
  • thegreatdivide
    mosa wrote:
    does any one rate the high 5 2:1. stating faster rides, easier & further or your money back etc etc etc does it work? is it worth it?. cost a fortune for the zero's etc so looking for a change or is water alone enough. cheers

Shop here http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/
  • yeachan153
    yeachan153 Posts: 401
    I used High 5 4 in 1 today and it was tasty. Didn't bonk either.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    It works. Working my way through a mahoosive tub of Orange atm.

2 bottles most rides 1 water+sugar free juice 1 High5 for the latter
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    4 in 1 is 2 times better.
  • thegreatdivide
    4 in 1 is 2 times better.

That's maths kids!
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i stocked up on zeros when they come on offer on group on, got a box full of them and about a million water bottles too.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    mosa wrote:

I've got a sample but not tried it. If you manage your nutrition its not going to do anything magic, but if you try and ride 100 miles, once with just water and once with water and carbs, be that in gel, bar or drink form, the latter would be much easier as you'll have energy to complete the ride at a much better pace.
    I take a bottle of Tricarb out with me for long rides (www.sportfood.co.uk, around £10 for a tub) and take a couple of mouthfulls every 10-20 mins or so after the initial 15 miles. Staves off the bonk and helps hydration. Certainly works better than water alone.