Strava, it always adds 2 miles onto my ride!

Rigga
Rigga Posts: 939
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Has anyone else had this problem with strava? Its always 2 miles more than my bike computer and my mates app? Ive heard people talk about an exclusion zone, could it be something to do with this?

Also, is there a way of doing an auto pause when you stop riding so i don't have to pause it manually? I know one day im gonns pause it and forget to restart it!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Sounds too far to be exclusion zone. Are there any strange spikes on your rides? I guess it's on a phone, they're not the most accurate, but seems odd it's always exactly two miles. If you compare your track to your mate's are they the same?
    Sorry I'm not giving an answer but more questions.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    2 miles regardless of route, or just on one particular route? Go to the performance tab on your ride and scroll through, is there any weird gps data?
    Is your route on a road? Does the route line on Strava stick to the road or wander off?
    If you're comparing to a Magnetic cycle computer, is it set it to the correct wheel size?
  • Rigga
    On every ride.

I did recently change the battery In the comp and to reset the wheel size and this time I set it slightly diffferently. I set it for a 26 wheel with 2.2 tyres where as before I just set it for 26 wheel which was supposedly less accurate. I wonder if its to do with this?
  • Rigga
    On every ride.

I did recently change the battery In the comp and to reset the wheel size and this time I set it slightly diffferently. I set it for a 26 wheel with 2.2 tyres where as before I just set it for 26 wheel which was supposedly less accurate. I wonder if its to do with this?