Boardman team carbon or ltd edition??????

Glasgowbhoy82
Glasgowbhoy82 Posts: 30
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
I had posted saying I was going to get this bike had seen images of the white limited edition and think it looks cracking. I was looking at buying a used bike to begin with so started looking but found a ltd edition frame on eBay should I take the risk and build a bike with little knowledge of them or just buy the team carbon and make small upgrades as I go???

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Difficult, but go for the less dull one...
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Difficult, but go for the less dull one...

That's still a difficult choice then!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I could well be wrong, but I thought the Ltd Boardman frame was just the same apart from being white instead of black?

They're decent though, if a bit dull, but I can't help but associate them with mamils and sportives.
    More problems but still living....
  • It's my first bike and from what I've read they get good reviews if I get really into it after a year or so I'd be looking for a bike with the big carbon wheels and stuff
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    It's my first bike and from what I've read they get good reviews if I get really into it after a year or so I'd be looking for a bike with the big carbon wheels and stuff

If that's your likely plan then don't spend twice as it will cost you a couple of hundred quid at least in depreciation on the Boardman. You don't need 'big carbon wheels' to ride on to be honest - may look good but the benefits will not be felt unless you can push average mph well into the 20s+
  • Do the boardmans loose money quiet quickly?
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Do the boardmans loose money quiet quickly?

Loose, Quiet?

I would say like anything new that is sold on, they lose value quite quickly.

I do like the Ltd Edition they made, would be able to pick it up for a reasonable price second hand,