Which FS MTB??

highflyer79
highflyer79 Posts: 18
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi

I am looking at upgrading to a FS. I like to ride Cannock, Bristol ( Aston Crt, Quantocks ), single track. So am a little confused as to go AM or XC.

I was originally looking at Trek EX9 or Lap Z514, but have swayed away from the Lap now. My only worry is when I hired the EX9 at Cannock on a few of the trails the witness oring on the shocks were virtually at the end of the shock travel not far from coming off (set up by shop so assuming the right pressures). DOes this mean I should be looking more at 140mm travel for what I do?

Any other suggestions on bikes. I have been through the Canyon site and quite like the look of the Nerve 9.0, does anybody have one of these?

Regards

HF

Comments

• Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    You should be using all the travel, that's what it's there for!

No need for an AM bike unless you're going to start doing rougher stuff IMO
  • I forgot to also mention I tested a slightly smaller size than was suitable for my size. But as had the RS reverb on it allowed me to still set it up to my height. Can I get away with 17.5" when supossed to be 19.5? Would I notice a difference at all, as 17.5 felt good. But then anything would of felt better than my HT.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    First off it is not really an upgrade in an xc plus a little respect, just different