Post Happiness here !

pinno
pinno Posts: 52,094
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
As an alternative to Whinge here and Whats annoying you today and a vain attempt at out posting the Communters and Mud Suckers, here is the official place to post good things that have happened today or recently.

My new rubbers for my essential kit the stove top espresso maker, have arrived. :D
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    3hrs today, not a single traffic light. SUN SHINING 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    cool breeze tonight :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    saw loads of scarecrows in a village scarecrow competition.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    saw loads of scarecrows in a village scarecrow competition.
    Did you see any crows?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I got second place in my club 10 TT last night with 25:27. 2nd ever time trial. First one was 3 weeks ago. :D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I got second place in my club 10 TT last night with 25:27. 2nd ever time trial. First one was 3 weeks ago. :D

You lost! And you're happy with that? That's the trouble with this country!

Well done :wink:
  • team47b
    'kin glad I moved :D
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    team47b wrote:
    'kin glad I moved :D

He's not happy, he's a very smug boy! :twisted:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Could be moving house late summer if I need a new job; thought to myself "hmm....a proper tape measure might be in order for making sure all my furniture fits into a new place". Lo and behold, found a nice Stanley retractable steel one on Wednesday that had been abandoned in the gutter in full working order - what are the chances, eh? :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    Seeing my girlfriend later today. She voluntarily put the TdF highlights on for me last weekend with no prompting!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Got my Triathlon licence today :D
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Just stole holly bleasedales subway - had to give it back though - can't handle the jalapenos. :D
  • team47b
    Spent the day fettling. Fettled all 4 bikes and the Isetta.
  • mattshrops
    Approx 11,000 people heading to the quarry in shrewsbury to see Jessie J must have got totally soaked today :lol:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    mattshrops wrote:
    Approx 11,000 people heading to the quarry in shrewsbury to see Jessie J must have got totally soaked today :lol:
    Does she have an extreme lisp?
  • mattshrops
    :lol::lol:

Outdoor concert-bad day for it
  • pinno
    I got the rusty old mower going, It coughed and spluttered into glorious smokey life and drove off the midges who were eating me alive whilst I sweated with that damn pull chord. Rob 1 - Mower 0, Rob 173 - Midges 2498. Can't win them all.
    Thanks EZ start. Did you hear the din and see the smoke from over there H.N.T.M.E.T ?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    I got the rusty old mower going, It coughed and spluttered into glorious smokey life and drove off the midges who were eating me alive whilst I sweated with that damn pull chord. Rob 1 - Mower 0, Rob 173 - Midges 2498. Can't win them all.
    Thanks EZ start. Did you hear the din and see the smoke from over there H.N.T.M.E.T ?
    I did but I reckoned it was the chap who does 75mph descents on a hybrid trying to park in Glasgay Ikea
  • team47b
    got a visitor today, made me smile

hedgepig1.jpg
  • Cleat Eastwood
    team47b wrote:

hedgepig1.jpg

Nice. Are they courgettes in the background? :D
  • team47b
    yep! :D
  • slowlanejane
    slowlanejane Posts: 312
    I am getting better and next week I'll be able to ride the bike again, on the turbo.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

hedgepig1.jpg
    :D

Careful he doesn't suffer from prickly heat, get him a hat :D
  • pinno

Thats a result. I did my first 10 TT when I was very young and very silly on the small chainring. I remember it well, 32mins 32 secs !! I hadn't got a clue. I still hate them.

Saying that, 25.27 and you got second?! If you weren't under 23.30 at Eastbourne Rovers, you would be outside the top 10. Even here in hilly old Scotland, riders were regularly posting under 24 mins despite not having an inch of flat road.

Sorry... off the beaten track.

This made me smile:

Thursday night deluge and acompanying thunderstorm. I got toots in the van with me as I am using it for moving. I was going slow at around 40mph and ahead was a huge puddle, well, more like a flash lake. A tw@t taxi driver heading towards me at god knows what speed was flashing his headlights furiously obviously telling me to get out of the way as I was on the other side of the road slowing to 25mph, looking for the shallow end. I obliged and as I hit the deeper part of this flash in the midle of the road lake, a huge wall of water went up laterally and hit this taxi. I stopped as I couldn't see, he stopped 'cos he had stalled hahahahaha. I drove gently away after looking out of the window at a marroned taxi in 2 foot of water and that noise - of the starter giving up zzzzz....zzzz...zzz...zz zz zz....z :D There's Mastercard but that was priceless.
  • ethanhayes
    ethanhayes Posts: 112
    Gizmodo wrote:
    New puppy!

Oka1k.jpg

Hate to say it, but that looks suspiciously like a bunny...

Its a good day when you can tell someone their puppy looks like a bunny, A very good day indeed.
  • ethanhayes
    ethanhayes Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    I helped out a mate doing a bit of building work which was pretty fun in its self (when I say building, I mean trying to melt lead to make fake money for an hour and then smashing in loads of walls. Brilliant) but I got a dinner for free, a paid dinner hour, a lift to and from home and a decent wage for the day.

that makes me happy, makes me very happy indeed.

Oh, I saw a swarm of rabbits on the way home. I like bunnies loads.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Useless salad-dodger Moyles has left the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. Surely that's got to be a cause for celebration? :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Useless salad-dodger Moyles has left the Radio 1 Breakfast Show. Surely that's got to be a cause for celebration? :)

David

It would be under normal circumstances, and I can't believe I'm saying this but his replacement is an even more hateful twot that will likely put you off listening to the radio for life :evil:
  • team47b
    pauldavid wrote:

David

It would be under normal circumstances, and I can't believe I'm saying this but his replacement is an even more hateful twot that will likely put you off listening to the radio for life :evil:

and this makes you happy because (in not more than 15 words)... :wink: