Commuters Shindug gate crash ?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Commuters are having a knees up in Richmond park on 4th Aug, we could turn it into the end of Animal House if we try...........any takers ?

Not really, we could just meet up for some scoops and a laugh and there may be some girls in lycra there as well, woof woof. :D

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    I think you should if any of you are in the area. Great pub, usually has some decent beers on.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Only problem is we'd all have to have panniers, wear yellow jackets and ride on pavements/red lights to get there, then hang about with a bunch of twats as they moan about car drivers and people on forums that are more interesting and fun than theirs.

So no, thankyou anyway.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    Your great sense of humour will obviously be sorely missed.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Yossie wrote:
    Only problem is we'd all have to have panniers, wear yellow jackets and ride on pavements/red lights to get there, then hang about with a bunch of twats as they moan about car drivers and people on forums that are more interesting and fun than theirs.

So no, thankyou anyway.

:lol:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Yossie wrote:

So no, thankyou anyway.

Helmet cams. You forgot our helmet cams. And all the youtube anoraking that comes with them.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    And to blend in properly you'd have to speak with a hoarse voice to prove you'd spent the journey there screaming abuse at every car that passed you.
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Come on fellas. You're not worried in case you can't live with the commuters on a couple of thirst building laps of the park are you? I'll even take off my panniers. Some of us are quite quick though, you have been warned!
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Come on fellas. You're not worried in case you can't live with the commuters on a couple of thirst building laps of the park are you? I'll even take off my panniers. Some of us are quite quick though, you have been warned!

It's OK I'm having a hi-vis skin suit made specially.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    rozzer32 wrote:

It's OK I'm having a hi-vis skin suit made specially.

I'm getting.... Weirdy beardy from the trainline.com advert.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    The commuters would just take the piss outa anyone from Cake Stop for being jealous because we're faster than them and wearing lycra as well as actually having a clean bike.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    willhub wrote:
    The commuters would just take the wee-wee outa anyone from Cake Stop for being jealous because we're faster than them and wearing lycra as well as actually having a clean bike.

Quite a few of the commuters just did the Marmot in 8.30.
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    willhub wrote:
    The commuters would just take the wee-wee outa anyone from Cake Stop for being jealous because we're faster than them and wearing lycra as well as actually having a clean bike.

Quite a few of the commuters just did the Marmot in 8.30.

I bet they're spies from the Cake Stop ;)
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Don't you mean that quite a few of the communters eat Marmite at 8.30 before heading off to shout at people? and ride through red lights