Rivington tonight

compo
compo Posts: 1,370
edited July 2012 in MTB rides
A bit short notice but is anyone riding Rivington tonight?

Comments

• mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    Not me :D It was a bit wet yesterday
    Papa? Nicole
  • compo
    It was dryish early on. But then I got soaked in a heavy shower. But it cleared up so I cut it short and sprinted for home. Just beat the most of the rain.

Had to deal with minor flooding today cos of the rain, luckily its easing off tommorrow
  • mintedox
    Hope it does, going to Grizedale in the morning

Do you do any particular routes up rivi?
    Papa? Nicole
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Post up next time your going and i'll come along if free, like it up rivvy.
  • compo
    I basically do whatever I fancy once I get to Horwich, depending on time and how fit we're feeling.
    However the basic staple for an evening ride is up to two lads then down to Georges Lane then down the Ice Cream Run. Then back to the barn and then, depending on how light it is, messing about in the gardens.

For a day out it can be aforementioned or up to Healy Nab, or over Winter Hill towards Belmont way and back via White Coppice.

I ride to Rivi from Westhoughton so that adds on about 6/7 mile each way.

Regarding when I'm next up, if we get a nice evening this week I'll go. If anyone is going, just drop in here/PM me. Also could be up Wednesday/Thursday, however may be going further afield

EDIT: I'm going up Monday evening, the time is easy depending on anyone but I'll want to be back in Horwich by 9.30 so I can ride home in some bits of light. Any takers?
    EDIT 2: I've seen the weather, and could potentially ride anytime in the day, if anyone is free?
  • mintedox
    Cool, I can do an evening through the week, I'll send you a pm. Went up today and my bike shed a couple of bits so need to visit LBS in the morning.
    It's about the same distance for me, nice and flat untill you hit Horwich.
    Papa? Nicole
  • compo
    Mintedox - You have mail :)
  • jakjtb
    jakjtb Posts: 111
    are your afternoon rides as long as the one we did yesterday?
    i find that if you just talk, your mouth comes out with stuff - Karl Pilkington
  • compo
    jakjtb wrote:
    are your afternoon rides as long as the one we did yesterday?

How far I ride really depends on where we want to go and how long we have; if we have less time, we won't go as far.

Generally I never do over 30 miles and if I go up of an evening I usually just stay around the Pike/Japanese Gardens.

Don't worry, next time we can make it a bit shorter :)