Cat and Fiddle hill climb tonight will he won't he.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
The pressure is on!!!!!!!!!!!

Will he won't he? PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

Comments

• willhub
    C'mon men place your bets.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    couple of the local shops are reporting a last minute rush for bananas.....

seriously when was he last seen?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    I'm going for 9th. Is there a prize? (for us, not the hill climb)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd have bought shares in fyffes if I knew for sure. :)
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    First Out and 21:16 in dry conditions, (according to FB) reckon thats got to be good for top 5 at least. Just imagine all the Banana skins his minute man and followers had to dodge.
  • willhub
    Yeah he was second place, not bad, it was a cross/headwind too.

Does anyone know if a Specialized Armadillo Elite 23/25 tyre is a slow tyre in comparison to a Vittoria Rubino 23c with metal bead, the reason I am wondering is I'm sure it was loads slower on drags in comparison to the vittoria and I'm hoping it's not just my mind.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Get Cycling Plus and read Warren Rossiter's article on the trend of wheel manufacturers and riders running wider profile tyres but attaining more speed from them, Seems counter intuitive to me, especially on a hill climb, surely its all about rolling resistance, but apparently a wider profile deforms less, and rolls better as a result.
  • If I got the train over could I go on a training run with you and Bhima, Will?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • willhub
    If I got the train over could I go on a training run with you and Bhima, Will?

I don't ride with Bhima much, he only rides the Cat and Fiddle.

I'm well pissed off with my time, it must have been the tyre cause I've gone faster up there earlier this year, must be not doing hills and just doing flat 10s, going to go training on the Cat myself now for the next Cat & Fiddle TT.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    willhub wrote:

I'm well pissed off with my time, it must have been the tyre cause I've gone faster up there earlier this year, must be not doing hills and just doing flat 10s, going to go training on the Cat myself now for the next Cat & Fiddle TT.
    Won't be the tyre Will, get more bananas down you and a ponytail........ :wink:
  • willhub
    willhub wrote:

Won't be the tyre Will, get more bananas down you and a ponytail........ :wink:

I'm off up the Cat tomorrow night, that bitch of a speed bump ain't gonna win. I'm meeting Bhima, if he does a full on effort I'm just going to see if I can keep up with him.
  • willhub wrote:

We can go meet him :D
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • willhub
    I went up the Cat on Saturday, half way up then down with Bhima, I sat behing him on the way up, but to the side so I did not take advantage of slip stream, I was in agony, I blasted it to Macclsefield to get my bike pump then rushed to the cat to find Bhima.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    willhub wrote:
    I went up the Cat on Saturday, half way up then down with Bhima, I sat behing him on the way up, but to the side so I did not take advantage of slip stream, I was in agony, I blasted it to Macclsefield to get my bike pump then rushed to the cat to find Bhima.

Hold on do I get this right? This fella just spends his days climbing and descending this one hill? Does he work???
  • willhub
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    willhub wrote:

Hold on do I get this right? This fella just spends his days climbing and descending this one hill? Does he work???

Coste Cofee in Tesco in Macc.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You sure you want to be sharing all this info about a chap who's not on here?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    You sure you want to be sharing all this info about a chap who's not on here?
    He is
  • willhub
    What info?