the Kaiser morning thread

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Word up cruddites
Been to bed for what it was worth, now on way to meet Gazlar and get my lift for the second part of my journey.
Its going to be one long day!
Anywhoo see you on the other side
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Good luck to everyone on the Kaiser challenge.

Today is results day. Bricking it, got a few hours left to wait too :?

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' goat thieves

About to depart for sunny Glossop for a bit of a ride. Many thanks for all the well wishes.

Now, try not to s**t the place up while we're gone!

Onwards! To Derbyshire! Then Staffs, Shrops, Worcs..........
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Homo's!

Good luck to all of you riding today in memory of Kaiser. Hope you have a great time and do his memory proud!

Last night, my fecking car broke :roll: The pipe coming off the throttle valve came off, so I put it back on, it was fine until 20miles later it popped off again. I need one of those metal clips for it, rather than the zip tie I've been using until now :lol:
    Visited Hot Librarian, it was alright, though I think I'm going to stop seeing her as I just cba with it now. I'm also knackered as I didn't get home until midnight, then for some reason woke up at 4:30 this morning! Fail.

Anywho's, good luck everyone!
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

yeah good luck guys doing the kaiser challenge :D

i think i've got a bout of man flu kicking in, i feel like crap this morning with a sore throat and banging head :(

i'm suppoed to be going riding later so i hope i can 'recover' in time - by that i mean MTFU :lol:

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Good luck on the Kaiser challenge - if I see a bunch of baggie wearing numbnuts on the roads around Shropshire I shall hurl abuse and bits of tat from inside the car - its the crud way

ANgrybird - good luck with the results

Today for me is legal people meetings, great
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    good luck on the kaiser challenge team,

today i shall be "moaning about the weather!"

laters!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Morning Turd burglars,

Good luck to 'Team Sausage' today. Get some miles under your belt and keep safe ya' hear!

I'll be stuck in a sweaty office cheering you on! :wink:
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    morning sponge lickers..

Av a good Kaiser ride y'all,

theory test day for me, not really "feeling it" either today as i'm sort of cba mood too, no motivation for anything atm, just found out a very old friend is in a coma,going be severly brain damaged and may never walk again.....all due to an asthma attack.......gutted !!

but on a slightly better side i have a job till jan, and a holiday in 3 weeks time, oh and loads of bacon !!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Morning Knickersniffers,

Best of luck to the Kaiser crew, it might be a bit quiet in here for a few days.

Today is going to be a bit like working, I need to get up date on the techy stuff in my area so I don't sound like a complete dunce in interviews. It's going be tough so I think I'll get started with a cup of coffee :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning moppers of jizz

Good luck to "Team Sausage" for the Kaiser Challenge, hope you don't end up too saddle sore.

Looks like a day of meh awaits as stuck in control room today. Onwards to coffe number 3
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

Good luck to everyone on the Kaiser challenge.

Today is results day. Bricking it, got a few hours left to wait too :?

Laters

^ good luck to everybody on the challenge, you'll soon realise why lycra is a good thing after the first 50 miles.

^ Good luck with the results too, do they still carry out the ritual humiliation of posting results on a board for everybody to see?

Anyway Morning mongs
    Today so far has been win. Slept in, bought a bike stand from Lidl along with two 750g tubs of paprika crisps. Have a couple of meetings but that's all, must remember to escape before the Olympic torch comes past and they shut all the roads so a man in a grey tracksuit can take part in 'history'
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Hello womb wands....

Nearly finished the Lurcher-ette (Mrs P's new ride) just the brakes to do and a few finishing touches tonight, sadly the brake adapter ordered from CRC didn't turn up today, so I shall have to rob that off another bike. Interestingly I put a Laydeee specific saddle on it.... which feels rather comfortable.... what does that say about me! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Look forward to her destroying it at 24-12 this weekend :roll:

God speed you crazy Kaiser Challenge Crudites!

Tea + working like a nutter to clear my desk as this is my Friday
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • angry_bird
    Cheers guys
    ^ Good luck with the results too, do they still carry out the ritual humiliation of posting results on a board for everybody to see?

Yup they go up on the board at 10 sharp apparently, then online sometime after that which is good as I'm not around, but I just want them now... then I can get planning my summer.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Cheers guys

Yup they go up on the board at 10 sharp apparently, then online sometime after that which is good as I'm not around, but I just want them now... then I can get planning my summer.

B*stards. I failed my degree about 20 years ago because the house I lived in burnt down (drunk landlady, long story), and as I didn't get on with my tutor this wasn't deemed as a good enough reason to resit the year without having to pay fees. Most of the other students found this odd as the other two who were with the same tutor were arrested and spent four months on remand for dealing class A drugs, but this was a good enough reason to resit. But they were both mongs, as far as I know one's in prison again and the other one was shot dead.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

Best wishes for those attending the Kaiser Challenge today. Wish I could be there..
    Today I have an interview with an IT recruitment company. I am told that this is an interview with them prior to sticking me in front of a prospective employer

I am also informed that my fingerprints will be scanned and run through the Police Service's criminal checking system and that this is "standard procedure" I'm not worried as I have no criminal records..
    I guess when you live in a country full of criminals, run by convicted murderers and criminals they want to ensure that those who work in the private sector are squeaky clean..

The sun is out and I will be wearing a suit today for the first time in months.. Meh!
  • angry_bird
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Cheers guys

B*stards. I failed my degree about 20 years ago because the house I lived in burnt down (drunk landlady, long story), and as I didn't get on with my tutor this wasn't deemed as a good enough reason to resit the year without having to pay fees. Most of the other students found this odd as the other two who were with the same tutor were arrested and spent four months on remand for dealing class A drugs, but this was a good enough reason to resit. But they were both mongs, as far as I know one's in prison again and the other one was shot dead.

:shock: Fuck, bad times, that's just right out of order. I'm just grateful our uni seems to have a really good support system in place for students, and they're generally quite fair about things with decisions never coming down to one person. Still, as our uni is so small really and and there are only really 2 undergrad courses I guess it's easy for them to get a good system in place to help everyone.

But anyway...

Results went on the internet spot on 10 which was nice... and thankfully I've managed to pass these, and done better than I'd expected, instead of scraping through I've made it convinvingly.

Not sure what to do now, don't think it's really sunk in, I've been properly stressing about them for the past month now, but I suppose if I'm honest I deserve to have passed. I mean I've put the work in for them so I guess it's paid off now. Maybe I'll have some bike time :D
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    good luck kaiserettes have 1 or 3 for me
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Back to it after a very quick two days off. Both days were completely washed out so no bike fun for me. I really need to get out more as my jeans have shrunk in the wash again.

Time for some tea and cake.

Later......
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I failed my degree about 20 years ago because the house I lived in burnt down (drunk landlady, long story).
    I failed my degree 12 years ago because I spent all my time in the campus bar.

Monring saddle sniffers,

Late finish today to late start = lie in. Then fell in a stream on my ride to work, all good for sh1ts and giggles.

Good luck to anyone on the kaiser challenge, anyone got a justgiving page or something to send you some pennies for the charity?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    castlelad wrote:
    morning sponge lickers..

Av a good Kaiser ride y'all,

theory test day for me, not really "feeling it" either today as i'm sort of cba mood too, no motivation for anything atm, just found out a very old friend is in a coma,going be severly brain damaged and may never walk again.....all due to an asthma attack.......gutted !!

but on a slightly better side i have a job till jan, and a holiday in 3 weeks time, oh and loads of bacon !!

Not good to hear, hope the best. Good on the job though! Sounds win with bacons.

Enjoy the Kaiser Challenge guys, wish I could make it, but i've got the in-laws over! At work again today, which after yesterday, is not pleasant. Too much walking in the Cotswolds, followed by a few drinks and going to sleep late and early wake up, I just want to lay in bed and mong all day, but stuck here.

At least I get some sun coming in the room.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    oodboo wrote:
    Good luck to anyone on the kaiser challenge, anyone got a justgiving page or something to send you some pennies for the charity?

Nevermind, found it: http://www.thekaiserchallenge.com/index.html
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Good luck guys, pedal steady and take on plenty of Gazlar Fluid!!!

And today i'm mostly raving at peoples idiocy lol
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon reprobates
    Good luck to those that are taking part... I haven't managed to donate yet. Will slap my wrist and raid my savings.
    TFN texted about the bike stands at Lidl, I can't get to one before they shut tonight so he has kindly got one for me, hurrah, no more fettling the bike upside down! He's also managed to get a new tent. Hurrah, no more getting dressed lying down!
    Nothing more to report except... there's cake. Hurrah!

Kisses etc
    FoxC
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Good morning homos!

Good luck to those doing the Kaiser Challenge, try not to get run over.

Bank holiday here, followed by another one tomorrow.

My plans involve mountain bikes and BMXs

Laters douches.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    We need proof that you used to get dressed lieing down(I am of course joking)

Gaz hasn't posted any pictures from stalking yet lol.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Good luck to all!! Hope you've all got copious amounts vaseline applied, just don't lose your fingers on application :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Tell you what, I'm f*cking wiped out right now!

BMX is HARD!

Off to bed, nighty night.