Alfine 11 no turn washers

Kin Law
Kin Law Posts: 99
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I need some advice and possible spare parts. I'm building a touring bike from an Orange P7 which has a sliding vertical dropout. I'm using the Alfine 11 hub. Now i would like to run the shifter cable along the TT and down the seatstay as that is where the cable guides are on the frame. Now i believe the no turn washers that came with the hub (blue and green, 8R and 8L) are designed for for vertical dropouts to run the cable along the chainstay. So in order to run the cable along the seatstay I need different no turn washer to angle the hub cable slot towards the saddle.

I found this chart for no turn washers, and i think I would need the Grey and Black washers (7R and 7L). Can anyone confirm this is the case? If so has anyone got any spare? Cheers!

http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/tech_support/tech_tips.download.-Par50lparsys-0012-downloadFile.html/05)%20Non%20Turn%20Washer%20Chart.pdf

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Not sure that it will work.

Will you not have interference with the chain?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Kin Law
    Kin Law Posts: 99
    nicklouse wrote:
    Not sure that it will work.

Will you not have interference with the chain?

Just did a quick set-up, and I placed the washers on the reversed sides - this has pointed the cable feed towards the saddle at a 45 degree angle. This also clears the chain so no problems there. Will confirm once I get further into the build to see if this can be maintained, but as it stands, it seems to have done the job :)