Bike fit

Azhar
Azhar Posts: 247
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hello,

Reading a couple of magazines I bought recently and all I see everywhere is how essential a bike fit would be to being comfortable on the bike and minimising injury. After doing some research it looks like these bike fits would be rather expensive. Is there anywhere on the web(I've failed to find any) where I can have the dimensions of having a proper bike fit so that I can do it myself?

Just a quick question as well, I do get some cramp in my hamstring or thighs every now and again when im riding home from my commute, not the whole muscle it feels more like a small part of my muscle, still able to cycle but can't put in as much effort. I did read in this magazine that it could be due to electrolytes lost and now thinking of buying some of those nuun tablets even though I said I wouldn't. Do you guys think it's more of a electrolyte thing or more of a fitness thing? Been commuting 32miles round trip 3times a week for 3weekes now. Cramp has started in the last several rides.

Thanks peeps.

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Azhar wrote:
    Hello,

Reading a couple of magazines I bought recently and all I see everywhere is how essential a bike fit would be to being comfortable on the bike and minimising injury. After doing some research it looks like these bike fits would be rather expensive. Is there anywhere on the web(I've failed to find any) where I can have the dimensions of having a proper bike fit so that I can do it myself?

Just a quick question as well, I do get some cramp in my hamstring or thighs every now and again when im riding home from my commute, not the whole muscle it feels more like a small part of my muscle, still able to cycle but can't put in as much effort. I did read in this magazine that it could be due to electrolytes lost and now thinking of buying some of those nuun tablets even though I said I wouldn't. Do you guys think it's more of a electrolyte thing or more of a fitness thing? Been commuting 32miles round trip 3times a week for 3weekes now. Cramp has started in the last several rides.

Thanks peeps.

You are a bike marketeers wet dream
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    stretch more