Rasmussen 2 Goes the Way of Rasmussen 1

blazing_saddles
blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
edited July 2012 in Pro race
"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Harsh.

OK, the lad's disorganised and a bit chaotic, but he put his hand up as soon as they pointed his missed tests out, and there has never been any suspicion that he's on any variety of juice.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It is tough but complying with the wereabouts rules are as fundamental to a pro cyclists job as getting on a bike. Most cyclists appear to manage their whereabouts obligations so there are no excuses.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Frankly its an absolute joke to be given a suspension for this sort of thing.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12307 ... ction.aspx
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    I think it's very important that there's a strong deterrent from fiddling your whereabouts, i.e. not being where you'll say you'll be when the testers turn up.

3 strikes in a rolling 12 month (or is it 18 month) period is more than fair.

It does look like they're trying to set an example in this case though, and including submitting his whereabouts for the following period a few days late (but before the period started, i.e. no gap in whereabouts) as an infraction is absurd.

And for one of his other infractions, the 6-day one, he notified them but didn't 'submit' or whatever, again, perhaps shouldn't have been a proper infraction.

Compare and contrast with Christine Ohuruogu who missed 3x tests due to incorrect whereabouts information, resulting in a justified ban.