Suntour ncx lite Fork Air pressure

GarrardRJ
GarrardRJ Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in The workshop
Tried to find the answer on net and here !!!!!

How do i adjust the pressure of the forks ? Even the workshop manual does not tell me , not even where the valve is !

Any ideas ?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Top of the left leg. As per the manual and the info provided by you.

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/custom ... SERIES.pdf
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • GarrardRJ
    Ok thanks , but what type of adapter/tool do i need to add or check the pressure ?
  • nicklouse
    no idea. car valve type does most forks. if anything else was needed it should have been provided.

Pics would help.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • GarrardRJ
    When i get time i might need to post some photos but is there something under the big plastic type nut on the top ? I don't want to undo it and the forks stop working ! I do 29 miles every day to work and back on it
  • nicklouse
    no idea as we are still missing loads of info.

year? what version of the ncx lite?
  • GarrardRJ
    Ok......Its on a 2011 Scott Sportster 10....I don't know what version it is , the online pdf you gave me a link to doesn't even show the valve or the top of the left leg or how to check the pressure etc. Crap Workshop manual i say !
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    GarrardRJ wrote:
    When i get time i might need to post some photos but is there something under the big plastic type nut on the top ? I don't want to undo it and the forks stop working ! I do 29 miles every day to work and back on it
    Probably a valve, take it off and see. You will need a shock pump.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools