Email/Bonthrone Bike

mossychops
mossychops Posts: 262
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
I have my own domain name with a catch all on it, this way when I give my email address I can use *companyname*@domain.com. This morning I had some advertising email from Xendurance UK via a mass mailing company to the address bonthrone@domain.com.

Has anyone else had spam mail from this company this morning and if so does it annoy you up as much as me?

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    thats the problem with catch alls

networks will always have postmaster@.... or webmaster@...... admin@......

spam bots always send to these addresses
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • mossychops
    mossychops Posts: 262
    Yeah, they get filtered out by Google. This email was specifically sent to bonthrone@domain.com - I have only ever given that email address when ordering from Bonthrone Bikes. Initial annoyance is over now and this is reduced to a irritation level. It's still a PITA getting all this spam rubbish.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    like you I have a specific email for each company i deal with online. So its a bit concerning when I get identical spam from thetimes@mydomain.co.uk and travelodge@mydomain.co.uk, two companies I though would have the security in place to avoid their databases being plundered. Suffice to say neither has responded to my emails of complaint... :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry: