Good things, bad things

Bunneh
Bunneh Posts: 1,329
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
Life's full off things, some good, some bad. For the next few days I'm going to post in this thread, one good thing and one bad thing. Feel free to do the same, or ignore it completely. No matter how small the good/bad thing is, it's post worthy.

Good thing - waking up, looking at the sunrise and having the most wonderful stretch. Making a noise like a tiny dinosaur!

Bad thing - darn it, no milk for my tea!

Comments

• slowlanejane
    slowlanejane Posts: 312
    Good thing - I slept well last night and woke up comfortable today. Vis a vis, my back is getting better - I have just had a disc-ectomy - and I can bend in the middle a bit. I will now go out for a short walk for a few mins. Progress.

Bad thing 1. - endless dismal weather; 2.- my guinea-pig Steve is looking a bit peaky.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Bad thing: had an accident with my reading glasses - the arm fell off. :(

Good thing: I have a bad arm - but it hasn't. :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    Good: Listening to Jesus and Mary Chain 'Happy When It Rains' right now

Bad: Campag Carbon Chainset I returned last Thursday hasn't arrived yet and I've only got 46 quid compensation on it 'cause I 'forgot' to up the insurance :oops:
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Good thing - Glad to see you back with us Bunneh, hope life is treating you well. I have moved up your way give us a shout if you fancy a ride out at some point

Bad thing - Have a long weekend booked to do some riding in North Wales - forecast heavy RAIN.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Good thing my cup of tea

bad thing the dead mouse floating in it.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Good thing: The sound of my 18 month old Son climbing out of his cot and running at full speed into our bedroom, at half 5 this morning.

Bad thing: Being sat amongst a bunch of software developers who seemingly have soap and water allergies :evil:
    Oh, and I've just lost my mouse. Have you seen him?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Good thing - just been on a 2 day caving trip which was awesome! :D

Bad thing - no-one has covered my work in my absence :evil:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Good thing today, the garden but I'm not allowed to switch anything on until 21.30hrs.

Bad thing, see above!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Good thing - Major 7th chords

Bad thing - Osteoarthritis

:lol:
  • dylanfernley
    dylanfernley Posts: 409
    good -- Bangor City playing a home game tonight in europa league

bad---- probably get beat
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Good - pootled, yes really pootled, into work today the flat way. With the wind behind me, averaging 22mph.

Bad - 100% humidity more or less continuously all week.
  • slowlanejane
    Good thing: Steve is looking better today

Bad thing. Its 10 o'clock and I'm still here in my PJ's browsing BR. ACtually that might be a good thing. I'm ill, you know. *cough cough ... cough* Actually I haven't got a cough.

OK, new Bad thing. I'm rambling like a nutter who's spent too long alone indoors ....
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    vs wrote:
    Good: Listening to Jesus and Mary Chain 'Happy When It Rains' right now

Bad: Campag Carbon Chainset I returned last Thursday hasn't arrived yet and I've only got 46 quid compensation on it 'cause I 'forgot' to up the insurance :oops:

Good: Just found out that the recipients have just moved and I sent the chainset to their old address. They're having their post held at the PO.

Bad: There is no bad today :D
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Bad thing - back in the office after various work and non-work related travels.

Good thing - met new General Manager and he seems a decent chap. Let's hope that continues.
  • adm1
    adm1 Posts: 180
    Mettan wrote:
    Good thing - Major 7th chords

Bad thing - Osteoarthritis

:lol:

Good thing: The dog in your picture - deerhound or lurcher? (I have one very similar)

Bad thing: My hand built wheels haven't turned up yet
  • qeaou
    qeaou Posts: 43
    Good Thing: Got my cadence sensor to work finally on my Garmin

Bad: The above makes me realise I need to do much better during riding
    --
    Riding along!
  • Bunneh
    Good thing: feeling better today.
    Bad thing: Morrison's own brand cornflakes are very meh.
  • outofbreath2
    outofbreath2 Posts: 216
    Bad thing: I can no longer stand my job (but the people are lovely).
    Good thing: My last day is tomorrow.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Mine's the other way up:

Bad thing: new bargain Zefal pump arrived, muppet that I am I ordered the wrong length for my frame and the retailer doesn't actually do a Size 4 one.

Good thing: later found some top tube clips for less than 2 quid a set that will get round the problem without needing a new pump. :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    Good thing - bloat reducing massive fart.
    Bad thing - a wet feeling in your pants.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    jonomc4 wrote:
    Good thing - bloat reducing massive fart.
    Bad thing - a wet feeling in your pants.

I believe Roger's Profanisaurus describes such an episode as a "bonus ball", in which an individual gambles unsuccessfully on the "fart lottery" with disastrous results.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Good thing: silver wedding anniversary yesterday

Bad thing: discovered when wife unwrapped it that I'd inadvertently wrapped the wrong present (birthday next month) Two surprises ruined for the price of one!
  • Bunneh
    Good thing: going away for a few days!
    Bad thing: still peeing down!
  • Bunneh
    Good thing: loving the Lakes!
    Bad thing: missing the ex a little.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    massive tailwind on ride this morning. :D

massive headwind on ride home this morning :cry:

must remember, next time, go out against the wind!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • slowlanejane
    Good thing: Back is def on the mend. Surgery was def the right thing to do.

Bad thing: massive allergic reaction to medication today, causing joint pain, abdominal pain and purpura rash on legs (that's mini haemorrages). Been to see emergency GP, got anti-histamines and a list of things to watch out for & get checked if they appear, because complications of this can be irreversible kidney damage. :shock:

Feck, feckity feck!

Another Good Thing: The NHS, which in my experience has always been 1st rate.
  • Bunneh
    Good thing: chilled, relaxed, feeling okay.
    Bad thing: no biscuits left!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Bad thing: impatient tosser driving far too close to my exhaust before overtaking me on the way to work this morning

Good thing: seeing said tosser repeat the stunt, but drive into the back of a Mondeo when he failed to notice that the van in front of it was turning right.

Bad thing: seeing the Mondeo driver was a lady who rushed round to the nearside rear door to extract her toddler

Good thing: finding they were OK and leaving my details in case she needed a witness.