This is everything that is wrong with America

paul.skibum
paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.

Comments

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    As opposed to the UK where we have just had an 11% drop in road traffic accidents and an 18% increase in Personal injury claims, and where cos I was stupid enough to put my mobile number on compare the rip offs .com I have had 3 texts this week, amoungst the thousands of others, telling me im due £3750 from my recent car accident.

One even called and i explained that the last time I was in a car accident was 1991, and i would expect any claim to be index linked, realising he was getting knowhere the cheeky sheeptwat asked me if I knew or had the number of anyone who had been in a more recent accident.

so think i would vote for mildly annoying adverts over actual harrassment
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I got stopped by an accident claim bloke in Cardiff yesterday, I explained the last accident I had wad when I broke my hand punching an accident claims canvasser in the face for asking me if I'd had an accident.

He left me alone after that
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    At least in New York there are fairly strict rules on what you can claim for... has to be a very severe injury or be long lasting. But at the same time you can claim against someone even if you admit you're partly responsible for an accident :roll:

I've had a fucker try to screw me over on insurance before after T-boning me... this was after he tried to deny there was even an accident when we made a claim against his insurance for the car he wrote off (thankfully police reports, photos and witnesses and all that exist to prove otherwise).
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    mak3m wrote:
    As opposed to the UK where we have just had an 11% drop in road traffic accidents and an 18% increase in Personal injury claims, and where cos I was stupid enough to put my mobile number on compare the rip offs .com I have had 3 texts this week, amoungst the thousands of others, telling me im due £3750 from my recent car accident.

One even called and i explained that the last time I was in a car accident was 1991, and i would expect any claim to be index linked, realising he was getting knowhere the cheeky sheeptwat asked me if I knew or had the number of anyone who had been in a more recent accident.

What is more concerning is that the only place that I gave my mobile to in relation to my accident was the hospital on my admission form and I have also started receiving texts from these claim vultures. I'd love to know how they are so sure I can make a claim for falling off my bike in the middle of nowhere :?

Who am I going to sue? myself?
  • angry_bird
    mak3m wrote:

What is more concerning is that the only place that I gave my mobile to in relation to my accident was the hospital on my admission form and I have also started receiving texts from these claim vultures. I'd love to know how they are so sure I can make a claim for falling off my bike in the middle of nowhere :?

Who am I going to sue? myself?

Weren't there meant to be some new rules about these sorts of calls and stuff being introduced at some point? I might be wrong, but I seem to remember some time, around last September there being loads of crap about this on the radio. Saying that new rules were being introduced about the handling of personal details by insurance and claim companies etc. so as to reduce the number of pointless shitty little robbing fecktard type claims? Think the idea was to stop the companies from being able to contact you directly about accidents, so as to reduce the number of mongs who decided to take them up and grab some easy money...

Don't remember that much about it though, was mostly preoccupied driving at the time but it caught my attention.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    That is a monumentally sh1t ad.

Ambulance chasing lawyers are the lowest form of life (after maybe the Cruddites). I had some thick twunt from a call centre phone me up saying that I could claim for injuries in a car accident a couple of year back. I told him there were no injuries and that we'd signed a written statement to the court saying that, but he still tried to carry on. When asked if he thought it was a good idea asking me to commit perjury to get money on false pretenses, he tried to bluff it saying I didn't have to prove anything to get the money, so at that point F.O. was the only thing to say before I hung up on him :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    What happens if you crash becasue you swerve wildly to avoid an accident claims lawyer?
  • angry_bird
    What happens if you crash becasue you swerve wildly to avoid an accident claims lawyer?

Surely you'd put your foot down and just hope you do the job properly :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Hopefully the car'll still be drivable and you'll get him on the second attempt.

When I broke my hip, it was on my parent's driveway. The number of people that told me I should sue them...
    Uncompromising extremist