Sod the rain.

2»

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Yep when we rode off down it at our usual 30mph ish we werent expecting to have to emergency bunny hop the 5ft holes that were suddenly appearing underneath us!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Holy crap!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    The thing is because it's the ex trackbed of the Bowes Incline Railway, it's grade II listed, so it has to be resurfaced and it has to be done with pulverised coal as would have been done back in it's operational days. It'll likely wash away again if it rains like it did that friday.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    'kin 'ell!!! :shock:

Alright, you win, I'll just go MTFU.
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    I hear you, I don't mind going out in the rain, but it's those summer evenings that I look forward to and it looks like it's not going to happen. As always we hold out for that'Indian summer' which turns out as more rain.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Went out last night, it was glorious. It's only a bit of mud!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    .blitz wrote:
    The weather matters not when you have a hack bike:

100% functional cheap as chips

Well thats not quite true is it, you got plenty of parts to get fcked up in this weather.. depending on what you ride but as you're in the MTB'er section I presume you'll be riding big muddy trails.

Unless you're a big girl riding on the road.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Peat wrote:
    Oh really?
    6GKfN.jpg
    Holes left in tunnel (these are 6-7ft deep) ^^^^^^^

REALLY? Just a bit of mud?
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Uplifting at Revolution tomorrow. There's going to be more than a 'bit' of mud there!
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Peat wrote:

REALLY? Just a bit of mud?

:P :P Well, i didn't go out there, obviously.... :wink:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Briggo wrote:
    .blitz wrote:
    The weather matters not when you have a hack bike:

100% functional cheap as chips

Well thats not quite true is it, you got plenty of parts to get fcked up in this weather.. depending on what you ride but as you're in the MTB'er section I presume you'll be riding big muddy trails.

Unless you're a big girl riding on the road.
    I don't get the whole "bad weather hack bike" thing. If I had a hack bike for winter/wet trails, I'd only get out on my 'proper' bike once or twice a year. I literally can't remember the last time I had a ride where my bike didn't need cleaning after. Just man the fuck up, use your bike for what it was intended and wash it/maintain it after. Simples.

Rant over!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5