Opinions: would I be better with...

2»

Comments

• http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/w ... -sale.html

or

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/w ... -disc.html

So for the custom made one it'd be around £75 but also a week's wait nooooooooo!!!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Hope hubs are easily adaptable for different forks

If you're only 5 mins from Merlin I would go round with some cake & biscuits and ask them if they can do some kind of deal on a front wheel/fork package
  • Yeah good idea, I'll take my baseball bat too in case the cake isn't persuasive enough!
  • Or maybe I'll just take a big happy smile and a depressingly large proportion of the money I currently have :'(
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Toasty wrote:
    I had some Rebas from On-One last year, came boxed in the proper box, with pump, all travel adjusters and everything. Don't recall getting spare seals, but I may have mistaken them for free haribo.

:lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you weigh just 54kg, you may not feel the benefit that a heavier rider would with a a bolt thru axle.
  • It's a bummer that I won't get a pump with them, would I need one right away or could I do fine without one for a while?
  • supersonic
    You need a pump to set the fork up. they are cheap enough anyway.
  • supersonic wrote:
    If you weigh just 54kg, you may not feel the benefit that a heavier rider would with a a bolt thru axle.
    Okay. Not sure exactly what you mean by that in terms of what I should do :oops:. Sorry for being a bit of a pest with all this I'm just not that experienced yet. I've pulled apart whole bikes and fixed this and that but my knowledge of specific areas of bikes is quite varying at the moment! But, then again, experience has to come from somewhere and I'm learning quickly!
  • .blitz
    supersonic wrote:
    you may not feel the benefit that a heavier rider would
    what are you trying to say? :lol:
  • supersonic
    Lots of very muscular bikers about ;-)
  • OK I'm gonna head over to Merlin and see what they can do. I need a new helmet too, so maybe if I say I want forks, a pump, a helmet & front wheel they'll do a deal. I'll post back later with the results of my shenanigans!
  • Also a massive thank you to all of you for all the advice. Great community!
  • .blitz
    £5 says you'll come back with some Rebas a Pro II/Stan's wheel and a Giro Hex :)
  • The guy said they never do any further discount because they try to be as cheap as possible already. I got the 10% discount I would've got online though. I just ended up getting the Revelations + a shock pump. Revs came with some spacers, but nothing else (apart from the pushloc lever)!

The cheapest wheel they could offer for the forks was £101, so I thought best to buy a wheelset used or something and flog the rear, or hopefully just get a front wheel with an adapter/15mm hub if they exist!

If someone has a 20mm hub with a QR adapter can that be used with a 15mm axle if you mess with the conversion kit?