Garmin Edge 200 - Cracked Screen

grony
grony Posts: 75
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
I have had an Edge 200 since April and have been very pleased with the product up to now. I rode with it on Saturday and removed it from my bike and left it on a shelf in the living room in perfect condition (out of reach of the two kids in the household). Picked it up to ride again on Sunday and the screen was cracked. Now I know this sounds odd, but I am certain it has not been involved any kind of impact, or been dropped or anything like that, so I am at a loss to explain how this crack appeared. I have contacted Garmin by email and they have offered to inspect it for being faulty but in all likelihood they will charge me for a replacement, £52. Whilst I would like a replacement, I don't really want to shell out for something that ought to be fairly rugged but hasn't been.

Anyone heard of any similar stories or offer a possible explanation. Please spare me tales of spontaneous combustion and other such phenomena, just want to know the likelihood of Garmin accepting responsibilty.

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Someone else knocked it off, it cracked and then they replaced iton the shelf without realising they'd cracked it or didn't want to admit to it? I've got a Garmin 500 and have dropped it a few times and it's been pretty robust
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Just got my Garmin Edge 500 today, it was broken straight out of the box - very disappointing. I'm wondering if this was a good idea now as it seems Garmin's quality control isn't so good. Not good for such an expensive bit of kit.

IMG_1739.JPG