Tour Afternoon - London

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited July 2012 in Pro race
I'm thinking about taking an afternoon off next week (Mon - Thu) to have lunch and watch the Tour at Look Mum No Hands! at Old Street. Any interest from the London based members?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Will they be showing the race this friday and saturday? Im in London and could do with somewhere to watch some of the tour?
  • TMR
    sjmclean wrote:
    Will they be showing the race this friday and saturday? Im in London and could do with somewhere to watch some of the tour?

Yes, but I WFH on Fridays so it would need to be Mon - Thu for me.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Not far from work so might be able to sneak out for some, though not all, of the afternoon...
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I would be up for it but have taken the time off already to fly over to watch stage 10.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I could pop down for a late lunch - will have to check what stage it is and whether there's likely to be any decent early action (e.g. not like today's!)
  • TMR
    I've taken Thursday afternoon. Will be there for 1430 hrs onwards. If you're going send me a PM! :)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    The Eurosport pundit bit is being broadcast live from LMNH this Thursday.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I would be up for it but have taken the time off already to fly over to watch stage 10.
    OK, that was the tipping point. Can't resist any longer – flight and hotel booked. :lol:

Taking bike and and change of clothes and will be riding to points on stages 10–12. :mrgreen:

Going to have to work through this weekend make up for it.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    OK, that was the tipping point. Can't resist any longer – flight and hotel booked. :lol:

Taking bike and and change of clothes and will be riding to points on stages 10–12. :mrgreen:

Going to have to work through this weekend make up for it.

FFS, stinking of jealously here.
  • paul_bhoy
    paul_bhoy Posts: 70
    Eurosport broadcasting live from there on Thursday, 5th July, with Rob Hayles and Big Maggy
    The beer always wins
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    paul_bhoy wrote:
    Eurosport broadcasting live from there on Thursday, 5th July, with Rob Hayles and Big Maggy

I'm gonna head down for this...
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Genius idea. After all lots of sports get watched in the pub/bar, but do MOTD send Lineker, Hansen & co down the local to mull things over? No. Brings the home fanbase into the event a bit and will make the rival ITV4 studio bits seem detached from the spectacle (despite actually being at the Tour), just 2 blokes on a portable generic studio set.