I am a Bot

jejv
jejv Posts: 566
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Anyone else have problems with Captchas ?
I think I might have to build a relay attack network.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    They can be a real PITA. I didn't know they were called captchas and so Wiki'd it and found an inteesting article on the whole subject. One bit did phase me a little however;

"Because CAPTCHAs rely on visual perception, users unable to view a CAPTCHA due to a disability will be unable to perform the task protected by a CAPTCHA. Therefore, sites implementing CAPTCHAs may provide an audio version of the CAPTCHA in addition to the visual method. The official CAPTCHA site recommends providing an audio CAPTCHA for accessibility reasons, but it is still not usable for deafblind people"

Now call me an idiot, but deafblind people are going to have a bit of a f*cking issue using a computer in the first place are they not???
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm not a bot...

4da3a0c0.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    SimonAH wrote:
    Now call me an idiot, but deafblind people are going to have a bit of a f*cking issue using a computer in the first place are they not???

You can get terminals which can produce Braille output in real-time. They're quite cool, but granted, you're not going to be wasting much time on Youtube. These terminals mean deafblind people can at least access the content of websites, and it's one of my pet peeves that people don't make websites etc as accessible as possible. The web was/is a pretty decent opportunity to (at least) partly level the playing field and still we find people writing actual text in Flash-based .swf blobs and it excludes people unnecessarily. I guess there's very little that deafblind people could get from e.g. Youtube, so I do understand why they've done the "media-rich" type thing.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    HvHTp.png?1318992465