Anyone in that there London?

GT_Dave
GT_Dave Posts: 161
edited July 2012 in MTB rides
Ey Up from Yorkshire,

Im popping down to that there London for about 8 weeks over t'summer and im bringing the trusty Boardman.

Problem is I'm from North Yorkshire which is like a mountain biking mecca and I dont know down south at all!!

Im spending most of my time in Woolwich and have no idea where to ride without getting beaten/mugged/stabbed or robbed which i assume will happen everytime i walk out the door down there!

Can anyone help at all by recommending somewhere nearby please?

Cheers

Dave :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • GT_Dave
    nicklouse wrote:

Bloody search function, i always forget!!!!! :oops:

Cheers Mate :D
  • nicklouse
    was only 6 posts down ;)
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bugger all in London, but I'm sure we can find some decent stuff nearby. Will you have transport (and seeing where you are from, a translator)?

ps we generally wear helmets, you don't have to being 'ard and all, but cloth caps are not acceptable.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    You'll need transport as there's nothing worth doing near Woolwich.

Bedgebury is also an option if you have got a car - easier from SE London than where cooldad's posse hang out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • GT_Dave
    cooldad wrote:
    Bugger all in London, but I'm sure we can find some decent stuff nearby. Will you have transport (and seeing where you are from, a translator)?

ps we generally wear helmets, you don't have to being 'ard and all, but cloth caps are not acceptable.

Unfortunately no transport but i might be able to blag a minibus every now and then, I once met a bloke from sussex so I can understand most of what you say :lol:

Ive got my flat cap with a ferret in for cushioning so im sorted there too!

I will give you a shout when i get down next week and no a bit more about my working schedule as im going down blind at the minute :roll:
  • nicklouse
    Dave you had better pick up a copy of this.

img0431y.jpg
  • GT_Dave
    nicklouse wrote:
    Dave you had better pick up a copy of this.

img0431y.jpg

Bloody work computer has let me down again! cant see the pic! :x
  • nicklouse
    Northern Monkey Survival Guide: How to Hang on to Your Northern Cred in a World Filled with Southern Jessies by Tim Collins

Link

most likely blocked beacause of the Beer,Smokes and the cheeky Monkey.
  • GT_Dave
    nicklouse wrote:
    Northern Monkey Survival Guide: How to Hang on to Your Northern Cred in a World Filled with Southern Jessies by Tim Collins

Link

most likely blocked beacause of the Beer,Smokes and the cheeky Monkey.

Brilliant! Quality reading!!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Give us a shout when you get down. Surrey Hills and Swinley you can get close by train, if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with the plebs. Bedgebury is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, no idea how else to get there.
    There are also a few guys who come out from London, so if things coincide I'm sure they'll help out.

ps I'm from norther than you, so it's actually you and Nick who are the southern jessies.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • GT_Dave
    cooldad wrote:
    Give us a shout when you get down. Surrey Hills and Swinley you can get close by train, if you don't mind rubbing shoulders with the plebs. Bedgebury is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, no idea how else to get there.
    There are also a few guys who come out from London, so if things coincide I'm sure they'll help out.

ps I'm from norther than you, so it's actually you and Nick who are the southern jessies.

Cheers mate :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm from Devon so it's all up north to me even Surrey.