Voodoo Hoodoo vs Carrera banshee 2011

Craigjjb
Craigjjb Posts: 23
edited July 2012 in MTB general
I would like to know which of these bikes would you spend your money on? It's not for major downhill riding just riding on a few trails mainly off road.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Voodoo, lighter, and easier to pedal.
  • Carrara banshee stronger parts,rear suspension.
  • supersonic
    For a few trails? You just don't need it.
  • spr wheelie
    spr wheelie Posts: 110
    having looked at the bikes id go with the voodoo. if i got the banshee id always be disapointed it wasent the banshee x
    sight 3 se
  • Craigjjb
    Carrara banshee stronger parts,rear suspension.

How has it got stronger parts. The voodoo parts are better.
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Voodoo definitely
  • Banshee parts are titanium voodoo are alloy.

<mod edit for bad advice- Banshee is alloy too>
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Banshee parts are titanium voodoo are alloy.
    Really?
    Which parts are you referring to.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anyone got a bag of sugar!
  • Craigjjb
    You must have a banshee because my mate has one and he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. I think he's wrong.
  • Craigjjb
    Which bike do you think is better regardless what it will be used for? e.g better components and handling etc....
  • cooldad
    Three people have said Voodoo and one obvious moron has posted some drivel.
    I'll add my vote for the Voodoo.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stay away from the hoodoo had mine 14 months and the front forks snapped night what I expected from voodoo.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Stuntman22 wrote:
    Stay away from the hoodoo had mine 14 months and the front forks snapped night what I expected from voodoo.
    and what were you doing on it, it isn't a stunt bike
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldad
    Stuntman22 wrote:
    Stay away from the hoodoo had mine 14 months and the front forks snapped night what I expected from voodoo.
    Except they are not Voodoo forks, are they? Same forks fitted to loads of bikes, 'snapping' is obviously not a common problem.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    I wonder if nightrider and stuntman are the same person?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Craigjjb wrote:
    You must have a banshee because my mate has one and he thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. I think he's wrong.
    If you want to be like all the teenage kids get the voodoo if you want some class get a Carrara. All the teenage kids admire mine.
  • cooldad
    You shouldn't be exposing yourself to teenage boys.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Craigjjb wrote:
    If you want to be like all the teenage kids get the voodoo if you want some class get a Carrara. All the teenage kids admire mine.

Strange comment... What have you got against one of the best specced bikes for the money? I don't think there is a current Carrera that beats it on value.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • cooldad
    You think that's strange?
    Anyone got a bag of sugar!
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Craigjjb wrote:
    unfortunately for you, this forum is used by quite a lot of people who actually know something about bikes :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • cooldad wrote:
    You shouldn't be exposing yourself to teenage boys.
    Strange comment don't know what it's like where you live, everyone is aloud on the streets where I live. Must have a curfew on the teenage kids in your area.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The purpose of the Banshee is to cater to people who think bad full suss is more desirable than a better hardtail. It's heavy (and note, that doesn't automatically mean it's stronger, you can have heavy flimsy parts), and the suspension isn't very well controlled, which ironically undermines it on the descents. It's surprisingly good for such a cheap full suss, but it's still not great.

The Hoodoo I haven't ridden but on paper it's a better package in pretty much every way.

As for impressing teenage boys, that's not really my thing but I do own 2 Carreras and a Voodoo so perhaps it's unavoidable :mrgreen: I shall just have to get some pepper spray or something to drive them away.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Dcdanr
    Dcdanr Posts: 12
    I ride a banshee.

My advice is I wouldn't buy one new. I probably would buy a voodoo new though. They're different bikes but if you pick up a banshee cheap enough you will have cash to upgrade and improve.
  • supersonic
    Night rider1/stuntman22:

Banned.
  • cooldad
    What a suprise
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • ElliottDavo
    ElliottDavo Posts: 151
    Hoodoo, no need for Full sus if you're just delving into MTB. Hoodoo's are generally better spec'd than Carrera's, and use parts that aren't from Clarks and so in theory should last longer. Tektro's seem to be longer lasting than the Terminator.