PSA - C4 10pm

supersonic
supersonic Posts: 82,708
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Danny MacAskill is on.

This may have been posted elsewhere but franky I don't give a shit.

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I was just about to post this. No idea what it's going to be like, but worth a punt, I reckon.
  • supersonic
    Is C4, so no doubt there will be someone roadie on to interview him, then they will say just how dangerous MTB is and lick Chris Hoy's bottom.
  • lol. got this recording... looks like a good watch. Think Guy Martin is on it too.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    supersonic wrote:
    Is C4, so no doubt there will be someone roadie on to interview him, then they will say just how dangerous MTB is and lick Chris Hoy's bottom.
    To be fair, the kind of "MTB" that danny megaskills does IS dangerous. He's done a hell of a lot of permament damage to himself to reach the level he's at.
    And likewise, those guys doing the red bull rampage events and such are really pushing the boundaries of sanity.
    your general trail stuff though? (no matter how "gnarly radcore" some folk think they are), not so much :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I believe licking Chris Hoy's bottom is considered an extreme sport.

Anyway magic tapeless taping machine set.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I knew it, I fu**ing knew it!
    "Do not try this at home"

Well, if Danny megaskills hadn't "done this at home" then he wouldn't be who he is!
    He is the epitome of "do this at home".
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Just thinking back now, and it wasn't "just" the riding that made Danny's video amazing.
    the editing, the music, the "feel" of the video was all absolutely spot on.
    Had they just put a few random clips slung together on youtube, then chances are it wouldn't have got anywhere near the same kind of attention.
    Not to take anything away from his riding, just maybe some food for thought.
  • agree with that... i'vr seen some vids with good clips shite editing that have been a boring watch.. and vice versa.
  • supersonic
    I want that orange bike.

Not an Orange bike though.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I knew it, I fu**ing knew it!
    "Do not try this at home"

Well, if Danny megaskills hadn't "done this at home" then he wouldn't be who he is!
    He is the epitome of "do this at home".

+ whole sack of Jersey Royals!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    supersonic wrote:
    I want that orange bike.

Not an Orange bike though.
    like this.

I started watching it, I lasted the first 20 mins or so, but i've seen it before, i think they put it on before they played concrete ciurcus on the TV?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • YeehaaMcgee
    That was kind of enjoyable, but did the show actually have a point? It felt like they were just dicking around.
    Was it meant to be part of a series or something?
  • supersonic
    I have seen one before - I think it is supposed to be about the psychology of risk taking, risk/rewards and all that. But... if you are really skilled, then surely the risk for those people is less?
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    That was kind of enjoyable, but did the show actually have a point?

I must admit I thought the same.
    Not quite sure what they were saying, everybody on the film seemed quite grounded and calculated the risks involved before doing what they do (or not as in the wing suit guy’s case) based on their own experience, much the same as anybody else out on a normal trail ride, but I didn’t quite understand if they were saying there is more ‘risk’ in what they do (even though they are also more skilled than 'average'), or that because they are skilled in their chosen discipline the chance of failure was still the same, just with higher consequences, or blahblahblah.

I just think it was a good excuse to air some viral films on a prime channel, to show that C4 are ‘down wid it’ or whatever it is people say these days! A good watch but could easily have been done with music in the background instead of Zane and some science.
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I fell asleep and missed the last 1/4hr or so. Didn't get too much (as I was tired) apart from they worked out that adrenaline junkies aren't actually adrenaline junkies?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    The wingsuit bit was just time-wasting, really.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    fair play to him, you could get me within 10m of that high line.

whenever i see them french fellas do it without safety ropes, i cant help but watch but my brain is screaming please stop :D
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I don;t think I've ever seen anyone slacklining (highlining) without a harness. They must be bloody bonkers to try!