Trails or coastal paths?.

Fifenewbie
Fifenewbie Posts: 44
edited July 2012 in MTB general
Just curious if you tend to ride purely mtb trails, woodland etc or coastal paths, canal ways. So far ive just been riding on coastal paths which have a bit of an off road section, but, would love to progress onto proper trails ie Glentress. Cheers :)

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I don't live near enough to the coast to ride coastal paths so woodland trails for me.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't think we have any sea in Berkshire.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    edited July 2012
    I just ride anywhere and everywhere.
    In fact, I can ride from the coast, right up into the mountains, and back again from here.
    'Tiss bliss.
    And as an added bonus, it's not that far away from Rhyl.
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    As above, I can see the coast from the moors and it looks quite flat.
    Papa? Nicole
  • Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    woodland trails for me
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If I recall correctly from my tiem growing up in Cornwall, the majority of the English coastal paths are footpaths rather than bridleways which limits access for bikers - I know Scotland is different.

I rode in Berks mostly so in UK it was country byways and paths for me - same in Canada as the coast is a bit of a ways away.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    If I recall correctly from my tiem growing up in Cornwall, the majority of the English coastal paths are footpaths rather than bridleways which limits access for bikers - I know Scotland is different.
    Meh.
    We got to fight... for our right... to. er. ride?
    Just don't be a cnut and you'll be fine almost the entire time on footpaths.
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Both
    But done a load more coast paths and there especially dangerous in the dark 8)