Finishline Krytech!

Darkstalker420
Darkstalker420 Posts: 212
edited July 2012 in MTB general
Decided after running out of chainlube (some stuff in a clear bottle from Wilko's oil was yellow). I decided to go for some Finishline Krytech (used Finishline in the past can't remember which though). Anyway ordered the Krytech. Upon arrival i was horrified to see it had the consistency of water!

Now i would like to know if anyone else uses this lube and if so how do you rate it. I found it a bit of a pain to apply (it was dripping everywhere!) and to be honest i have doubts about it (as i hear it washes off with just water!). Don't think i would get it again imho it just sounded good because it was for dry dusty trails... (But the UK weather i conspiring against me and im worried it will wash off half way through my ride :shock:).

Thanks.

Comments

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Dry & dusty trails...and you're riding in the UK..what were you thinking!?

Haven't used that one but rate their Ceramic Wax Lube but then again I am riding on dry and dusty trails :wink:

Might try that one though (when the Squirt runs out)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • LMAO! To be honest i'm a bit of a "fair weather" biker :oops: :roll:. But as the UK is doing what it does best im worried that just splashes from puddles etc will wash it off completely!

Thanks.
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    squirt lube is the king...end of
    ;)
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I tried some Krytech, it was kicking around for a few years in my mates garage. About 20 miles into a ride the chain got noisy,horrible dry chain noise. Then chain suck started with about 10 miles left! I dunked my bike in a stream to "lube" the drivetrain!

I've started using White Lightening Epic Lube, it's been really good, lasts a 40 mile ride easily and isn't as messy as a full on wet lube.

I tried Squirt too, it was a sample that froze, then thawed so may have been past it's best, but I didn't have much luck with that either...
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3