Bottom Bracket. What is it?

2»

Comments

• iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    MattC59 wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    So what you guys are saying is that joking about using young children for sex is ok.
    And that those who post the jokes are completely ok.
    And that those who object to these posts are the ones who are odd.
    It's a funny old world aint it.

No, not at all. What is being said, is; don't wee-wee and whine that you're offended about something that's in a section of the forum clearly marked as potentially offensive. And don't then post that you're offended about said thread when there have been clear warnings with in the thread that you'e chosen to ignore.
    Just because something is labelled as adult doesn't make it all right or compulsory to make gratuitously offensive posts.
    If you're ok with behaviour that knowingly or ignorantly has the effect of normalising the sexual abuse of children don't expect everyone to necessarily applaud your open mindedness. There are and should be limits to behaviour and in my opinion this goes over what should be acceptable.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    jim453 wrote:
    Iain,

You don't seriously think Matt is a peadophile so stop going on like you do. What are you even on about?

Is he guilty of repeating an incredibly crass and distasteful 'joke'? Yes, definitely. Did he do it simply to shock idiots like you into phoney indignation? Yes, almost certainly. Have you taken the bait? Yes, and then some. Is Matt a danger to children. No, of course he isn't, stop being so utterly ridiculous.

I wouldn't have repeated the joke myself and I didn't think it was funny but I seriously don't think I need to go running to complain. What the hell is the matter with you? We're all adults here aren't we? Get a grip.
    I don't think that I have said that anyone is a paedophile. I have said that normalising sex involving children in jokes is a questionable thing to do.
    My indignation is not phoney but informed by having worked for many years with children and young people adversely effected by being abused.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    iainment wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    iainment wrote:
    So what you guys are saying is that joking about using young children for sex is ok.
    And that those who post the jokes are completely ok.
    And that those who object to these posts are the ones who are odd.
    It's a funny old world aint it.

No, not at all. What is being said, is; don't wee-wee and whine that you're offended about something that's in a section of the forum clearly marked as potentially offensive. And don't then post that you're offended about said thread when there have been clear warnings with in the thread that you'e chosen to ignore.
    Just because something is labelled as adult doesn't make it all right or compulsory to make gratuitously offensive posts.
    If you're ok with behaviour that knowingly or ignorantly has the effect of normalising the sexual abuse of children don't expect everyone to necessarily applaud your open mindedness. There are and should be limits to behaviour and in my opinion this goes over what should be acceptable.

The key part being IN YOUR OPINION. From reading your posts in my opinion I think you look a bit stupid.

An opinion is like an a$$hole. Everyone has them but they shouldn't always be shown in public.

Other people would have read Matt's joke and laughed, they also paedophiles?

The thread has been deleted, so it is now longer there for you to read and get offended over. So can you stop having a go at Matt and move on.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • dylanfernley
    dylanfernley Posts: 409
    how do people cope with the dutch attitude towards sex, consent, etc., -- i do not think anyone on here is condoning 'abuse'-- if you work in the field so to speak is there a danger of not seeing the woods for the trees ?

btw--- i know a very funny incest joke-- it could be construed as paedophiliac, but since no ages are mentioned that would be an assumption, blimey how else do people cope with abnormality-- dark humour is one,.....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I must say whilst I think comedy should push boundaries, I don't find paedophile jokes funny. However, I don't think it's right to complain about inappropriate humour on a forum created to allow protect the other off topic forum from subjects that may cause offence.
    I don't look at Sickipaedia much as there are too many obvious racist jokes that I just find offensive and not funny. I don't complain as it says it's a website for sick jokes, I just tend not to visit. To complain would be tantamount to complaining that a stink bomb is smelly.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Stink bombs are smelly? Get Chasey on the phone, I need to make a complaint. This is intolerable.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I may disaprove of your sick jokes, but I defend to the death your right to tell 'em (when in a forum clearly marked 'adult' and 'beware of the tiger'.

TBH I am leaning toward the view that there may be some over moderation going on. The jokes weren't particularly funny, and I wouldn't repeat them in polite company - but FFS to get offended here would be like paying the cover charge to a tittie bar, sitting hard up against the stage and then writing a letter of complaint to the morality police :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    SimonAH wrote:
    I may disaprove of your sick jokes, but I defend to the death your right to tell 'em (when in a forum clearly marked 'adult' and 'beware of the tiger'.

TBH I am leaning toward the view that there may be some over moderation going on. The jokes weren't particularly funny, and I wouldn't repeat them in polite company - but FFS to get offended here would be like paying the cover charge to a tittie bar, sitting hard up against the stage and then writing a letter of complaint to the morality police :-D

"...charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500....."

Capt Willard, Mouth of the Nung river, Vietnam 1969. re; Apocalypse Now.
  • Probably be best if the forum just stuck to bikes. :D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    http://youtu.be/Rzb_p1mRW1M?hd=1

See how far you get.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter