OT: Best place to stay in Geneva

FoldingJoe
FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
Guys,

Heading to Geneva on Friday and need to find a hotel.

Just me and a friend going over to see the TdF, so don't need anywhere too swanky (probably looking to spend around £80) but somewhere nice and central would be great.

Anybody got any decent recommendations?

Thanks,
FJ
Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Sorry, I've only spent one night in Geneva at the hotel d'Angleterre which was phenominally expensive (visiting a supplier, and they paid :-D )
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I too have only spent one night in Geneva.
    Hotel Windsor. Without question the worst place I've ever stayed.
    exercise.png
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I used to stay at the Eidelweiss, which is pretty central and reasonably priced. Geneva and cheap tend not to go together....
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I know - stayed in Zurich a few times with work and finding something cheap is nigh on impossible.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    There is a Holiday Inn Express across the road from the airport. Was within you budget 2 years ago. Failing that, I would "name your own price" on Priceline and see what you get back. I've never been disappointed with the choice it makes for you. Last time was the 5* NH Barbizon in Amsterdam for £70 per room per night.