So I paid the deposit on my next bike.

NITR8s
NITR8s Posts: 688
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
As per title I have finally settled on my next bike and have gone for an Eddy Merckx AMX-1 2012 as per link
http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/46022/Eddy_Merckx_AMX1_Tiagra_2012_Bike

Now i need to improve my cycling clothing, my current muddyfox shorts and shirt arnt really gonna cut it on my new bike. Does anyone know a good place to buy half decent clothing without paying rediculous prices.

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    dhb seems to get a lot of votes from wiggle but if you dont mind old team kit then I found prends.co.uk to be pretty good too
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    NITR8s wrote:
    As per title I have finally settled on my next bike and have gone for an Eddy Merckx AMX-1 2012 as per link
    http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/46022/Eddy_Merckx_AMX1_Tiagra_2012_Bike

I hope you ordered the right size:-

"Merckx’s sizing is unusual, taking dimensions from the seat tube length. In most companies 51cm would be small, but our 51cm model was more or less equal to most brands’ 57cm frames. So take care. "

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1-11-40548

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • NITR8s
    edited July 2012
    Dont worry I was aware of the sizing issue, visted LBS who sold them to have a look and was advised that I would be the 42cm frame/ being equivilant to a 50cm standard size.

I will check out prendas.co.uk as not bothered if its old kit or not and will have another look at DHB from wiggle. I need to get myself a pair of bibs as I am always paranoid that i have a builders bum in just the shorts.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    My wife just bought some dhb bib knickers and I was very impressed with the quality of them when they arrived, and the price was just ludicrously low (which mattered to me, because I paid). She spent 4 hours in them yesterday without moaning about them once, she did find other things to moan about though :wink:
  • NITR8s
    I must say i do like the looks of the prendas.co.uk retro style clothing, very cool.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    yeap, Prendas are very good. The fit for most of the jerseys is a little more relaxed then the modern team kits so they are very nice when sitting up and posing in the sunshine :)
  • NITR8s
    Ive found you can buy something cycling clothing called "tenn" on amazon.co.uk for quite cheap. I know its not a make, but is this going to be the same quality as the Muddyfox stuff from sports direct.

I am currently considering buying cheap black bid shorts with a fancy shirt/possibly from prendas
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    better bib shorts would be my choice, no point trying to look good when you cant feel your arse.

maybe get some dhbs and a top from prendas.
  • NITR8s
    I dont have much trouble now with the pair of muddyfox shorts and cheap claud butler saddle I have, but then again I only weigh like 59kg so i guess its a lot worse the heavier you are.