Should we let them loose on a stage of Le Tour ?

dsoutar
dsoutar Posts: 1,746
edited July 2012 in Pro race
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... commentary

There's enough criticism of Phil / Paul / David / Carlton etc on here so surely can't be worse. Maybe have them on one of the transition stages where sod all happens until the last 3km

Comments

• ShavenLegs
    ShavenLegs Posts: 33
    I wish I'd heard this now. The football commentary has been absolutely rank over the last few weeks, so anything would have been better. CBBC might have offered the viewer more insight into the football than you'd get from Mark Lawrenson.

On the whole I don't mind the Eurosport commentary, but it might be an idea to rotate commentators and pundits round different sports. Why not get the darts, or F1 guys in to do a couple of stages finishes. The test match special team could do a decent job of filling for hours on a long flat stage, or get snooker style coverage for the thrill a minute ITTs.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Wouldn't mind hearing a fanzone type of commentary - like Sky Sports do for the football. We could get a cpl of the formunites on here together - fun to listen say BikingBernie and Rick discussing the "issues" of the day whilst the french countryside whizzes by.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Amy Lawrence (Guardian football journo) said she watched this and it was like an acid trip in real life