ITV4 commentary

giant_man
giant_man Posts: 6,878
edited July 2012 in Pro race
Dear oh dear, I'm referring to the truly dire commentary from Sherwin (why is he such a tit?) and Legget. Good god, what a load of old ballonie they come out with.

Every year i give them the benefit of the doubt and every year I am disappointed. Tthank god I've got Sky, they are so much better at this, I can even put up with the endless ar$e licking of Sean Kelly from Harmon, at least when Kelly speaks, it is sense and decent commentary. Rant over.

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Quite agree. Have cancelled my Sky sub and watched the Prologue and Stage 1 on ITV 4. I think the coverage and commentary is terrible compared to Eurosport. And don't get me started on the length and frequency of the advert breaks. Stage 1 viewing ruined by promos of Billy Connolly's road trip and some cr4ppy new comedy show from that 'take me out' berk.
    Working from home today and have Eurosport on the laptop. Pre race build up and insights exceptionally good, live race commentary 'normal service is resumed'. Will now be watching from my somewhat slow and fuzzy picture laptop from now.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Try discussing it on the already existing thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12862297
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Alan A wrote:

We quite obviously did not see another thread. Sorry to have upset you.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

You think he's upset? Heavens, what kind of internet have you been on??

I don't understand the enormity of this dissatisfaction with P&P. Why would whingeing here help anyone?
    I don't know if it's comparable to my dear wife's verbosity (12 years in, I can 'switch off' effortlessly) or whether I get a slight kick from correcting the misidentification of a rider, but it really doesn't bother me. They are what they are, and there is at times an energy I still like after all these years. The clip of them commentating on a stage finish during Chasing Legends is rather endearing and I could no sooner do that job than fly to the moon.

I'm grateful for what we get - it is so much better than 30mins of C4 back in the day, and the ITV team are a good bunch.

The Samaritans are on 08457 90 90 90 if it all gets too much.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Simon E wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

You think he's upset? Heavens, what kind of internet have you been on??

I don't understand the enormity of this dissatisfaction with P&P. Why would whingeing here help anyone?
    I don't know if it's comparable to my dear wife's verbosity (12 years in, I can 'switch off' effortlessly) or whether I get a slight kick from correcting the misidentification of a rider, but it really doesn't bother me. They are what they are, and there is at times an energy I still like after all these years. The clip of them commentating on a stage finish during Chasing Legends is rather endearing and I could no sooner do that job than fly to the moon.

I'm grateful for what we get - it is so much better than 30mins of C4 back in the day, and the ITV team are a good bunch.

The Samaritans are on 08457 90 90 90 if it all gets too much.

Your so bothered about telling other people not to be bothered that you bothered to write quite a lengthy post on the subject. :wink:

Just Sayin'
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Your so bothered about telling other people not to be bothered that you bothered to write quite a lengthy post on the subject. :wink:
    Just Sayin'

Phil and Paul are brilliant. I only wish they would mention Lance more. Maybe they could do a special very in depth piece on Andy Schleck. Just for Leicester Lad and all the other AS fanbois. More Lance, more Chateau stories, and please make some reference every 10 minutes to Sherwin speaking Swahili and being from Africa.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,707

Just Sayin'
    Well, I did try flesh it out a bit.

I don't understand the big hate for the Francis clips. You'd think no-one has ever sat through TV ads before :roll: They are a chance to lift yer ar5e from the sofa / have a pee / grab a drink* / say hello to the family...

* though considerate other halves should have the catering arrangements fully sorted before the end of June :wink:
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    dougzz wrote:
    Just Sayin'

Phil and Paul are brilliant. I only wish they would mention Lance more. Maybe they could do a special very in depth piece on Andy Schleck. Just for Leicester Lad and all the other AS fanbois. More Lance, more Chateau stories, and please make some reference every 10 minutes to Sherwin speaking Swahili and being from Africa.

:lol:
  • alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Not the commentary - but the quality of the picture gets me. The next stage fly through was awful - stuttery and enough to give a sensitive epileptic problems! This is on freeview in London, has anyone else had issues (my ariel may be a problem) .
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Not the commentary - but the quality of the picture gets me. The next stage fly through was awful - stuttery and enough to give a sensitive epileptic problems! This is on freeview in London, has anyone else had issues (my ariel may be a problem) .
    Yep. same for me watching ITV4 via Sky