Itv4 picture quality

2»

Comments

• zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Coach H wrote:
    Terrible tonight.

Not one bit of race footage did not have pixilation.

I have e-mailed ITV to complain

Yep, thought that too. Maybe they 'lose' bandwidth for the highlights show knowing more people will be watching ITV1 etc at that time of day? It was so bad it was distracting...infact if it gets much worse it's going to start looking more like a cartoon :)
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    The section when Sanchez crashed on tonights show was barely intelligible. Just blobs.

I emailed ITV also, the programme itself is great, but the picture is shocking.
  • beelzebomb
    beelzebomb Posts: 94
    I think we should all keep complaining, back in the days of vinyl records it was generally reckoned that the best quality vinyl came from Germany simply cos it was more common in their culture to complain about anything substandard - over here we just tend to put up with stuff. I'm sure coverage wasn't this bad last year.
    Here's the relevant email address - viewerservices@itv.com. Be heard people!
  • beelzebomb wrote:
    I think we should all keep complaining, back in the days of vinyl records it was generally reckoned that the best quality vinyl came from Germany simply cos it was more common in their culture to complain about anything substandard - over here we just tend to put up with stuff. I'm sure coverage wasn't this bad last year.
    Here's the relevant email address - viewerservices@itv.com. Be heard people!

Done !
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    I have also complained... it's flipping awful. Surely there must be some agreed minimum standard for TV broadcasts, I would have thought it's in the interest of all broadcasters for TV to look good and maintain the market share over internet services (or perhaps freeview has poor margins so they want to undermine it?)
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    I emailed too.

Picture quality seemed better tonight, although I didn't watch the highlights from start to finish.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Coach H wrote:
    Terrible tonight.

Not one bit of race footage did not have pixilation.

I have e-mailed ITV to complain

I have recieved what seem to be a standard reply (as posted on here)
    It was better tonight though
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry and information regarding the picture quality during our Tour de France coverage on ITV4.

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve experienced problems recently but I can confirm that there are no reported technical issues with the Mendip transmitter which serves your area.

Occasionally all digital broadcasters experience slight degradation of vision especially during "fast action" events which put specific pressure on the compression systems in use. As you'll appreciate, bandwidth capacity can be limited on some occasions and picture quality can be perceived to be lower now that much larger screens are available. However, please be assured that our engineering teams are investigating to see if there have been any specific problems during this event. In addition, they are doing all they can with equipment suppliers to improve the overall picture quality of our standard definition services and they have been informed of your concerns.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact ITV Viewer Services. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards

Derek

ITV Viewer Services

Seems like we're all getting the same email :-)

Keep sending them.
  • beelzebomb
    beelzebomb Posts: 94
    Seems to me that if they have a standard email, they must realise there is a problem..
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    ITV4 on Freeview is just rubbish in general in my opinion. For whatever reason there just doesn't seem to be the bandwidth there to support a decent bit rate for viewing sport.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I watch ITV4 HD on my sky box and the picture is excellent, live and highlights. You do get pixelation and break up from time to time but this is caused by the cameras losing contact with the outside broadcast unit (which is why we don't see the inside of tunnels)
  • slowondefy2
    slowondefy2 Posts: 348
    ITV4 at 7pm has definitely been better the last 2 evenings.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Only just noticed picture is fine now.
    Maybe an exec paid for a bit more band-with to avoid having the first ever GB TdF winner represented by 3 pixels.

Either way, thanks for sorting it ITV.
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    Yeah , it's fine now. Saturday & Sunday are also being carried on ITV1 so available on HD Freeview.