frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited July 2018 in Pro race
look+1.jpg
look+2.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    That tiny amount of saddle to bar drop is definitely not pro.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Horrific handbar/brake set-up .... Ride it like that and you might as well put on a jersey that says "I'm a muppet" :lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • DO NOT WANT
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Beauty. Screams innovation. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    yes to stem inovation, no to frame
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • straight through seat tube ? looks odd with the sloping top tube and short seat pin - maybe the stem should be negative rise
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    emadden wrote:
    Horrific handbar/brake set-up .... Ride it like that and you might as well put on a jersey that says "I'm a muppet" :lol:

Excuse ignorance - can someone explain what is meant by this ? It doesn't look wildly different to mine and mine was fitted by a technician that get's good reviews on here...
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Not sure i'm diggin the Road Frame, however the MTB version looks beautiful...
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    i definitely dont like the LOOK of that. eh eh? *looks very smug*

that must be set up for a very tiny person indeed.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Mr Dog wrote:
    Beauty. Screams innovation. :D

In what way? How it is better?
  • greasedscotsman
    Reminds me of this...

cinelli_3.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I like the idea although stem variation looks limited. Great looking design, sort of Art Deco in away.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • frenchfighter
    Well, how about this monstrosity. Current Garmin ride.

garmin_dz_brake_front_2_600.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/gar ... -de-france
    Contador is the Greatest
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Love the Look.

A lot of pros now seem to be having their shifters higher up these days...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Yellow Peril
    Well, how about this monstrosity. Current Garmin ride.

garmin_dz_brake_front_2_600.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/gar ... -de-france

Oh dear that is the biking equivalent of running around with a kidney dialysis machine hanging out your body. I like the clean lines of the Look.
    @JaunePeril

• frenchfighter
    NIK5704-681x1024.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    NIK5732-681x1024.jpg
    NIK5737-681x1024.jpg
    NIK5741.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    I don't understand you people.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    I hate compact frames - so by default, this isn't for me. Top tubes should be horizontal - end of.

However, that stem set up is exquisite and a thing of genuine beauty. Can't be knocked or mocked.

Dont fight genuine innovation and progress ! (loving the cinelli also)
  • greasedscotsman
    tremayne wrote:
    Can't be knocked or mocked.

So can someone tell me why it's better?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    On the MTB's it made for a stiffer front end, but more importantly, allowed 29ers a properly low position without screwing up the geometry. Not sure what the particular benefit for the road is - looks probably a big part of it.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Yellow Peril
    clean? tidy? aero? a bit avant garde? I think these are reasons for it. It might not catch on and I'd like to see it in a variety of frame sizes (I ride frames ranging from 60-64cm) but it certainly looks business like and purposeful
    @JaunePeril

• greasedscotsman
    clean? tidy? aero? a bit avant garde? I think these are reasons for it. It might not catch on and I'd like to see it in a variety of frame sizes (I ride frames ranging from 60-64cm) but it certainly looks business like and purposeful

But clean, tidy and avant garde don't really make it any better a bike, do they? OK, the little triangular wedge behind the stem might be a bit more aero. And it looks like they have narrowed the headtube, like Cervelo have been doing for a while. Like this...

headtube.jpg

But the rest of the frame doesn't look very aero, look at the size of that downtube!

OK, if people like the look of it, then that's fair enough. But I don't think it's very innovative. Unless I'm missing something?
  • Yellow Peril

But clean, tidy and avant garde don't really make it any better a bike, do they? OK, the little triangular wedge behind the stem might be a bit more aero. And it looks like they have narrowed the headtube, like Cervelo have been doing for a while. Like this...

headtube.jpg

But the rest of the frame doesn't look very aero, look at the size of that downtube!

OK, if people like the look of it, then that's fair enough. But I don't think it's very innovative. Unless I'm missing something?

You may be right but personally I think only a handful of innovations over the last 20 or so years have made bikes better e.g with shifters and pedals. Carbon has been innovative but Alu is just as light many prefer steel. Thick downtubes, thin downtubes, box sections, diamond sections, compacts, curved top tubes most of these could be argued just to be form over function.

What it does very well though is promote debate such as this. I'd be curious to see it with a more aero downtube (I guess it is large as most of the other tubes are so small and is the major point of stress) as it could be a tidy one bike for road and TT purposes.

Let's also not forget the growing fashion element of cycling. This could be looked back on as the 3 starred jumper and 5 button baggies of its time :wink:
    @JaunePeril

• greasedscotsman
    I'd be curious to see it with a more aero downtube (I guess it is large as most of the other tubes are so small and is the major point of stress) as it could be a tidy one bike for road and TT purposes.

Mind you, it might be considered an aero downtube anyway. Both Scott and Trek have aero frames out that don't exactly conform to the teardrop shame that other companies have used.
  • Yellow Peril
    I'd be curious to see it with a more aero downtube (I guess it is large as most of the other tubes are so small and is the major point of stress) as it could be a tidy one bike for road and TT purposes.

Mind you, it might be considered an aero downtube anyway. Both Scott and Trek have aero frames out that don't exactly conform to the teardrop shame that other companies have used.

I wonder if they holding back with a view to monetarising current design as much as possible? Maybe they have designs on the board ready to roll out as soon as they feel existing designs are dated. Luckily both are strong brands but so was GT once...
    @JaunePeril

• fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Unless I'm missing something, the 675 isn't a race bike, it's more like the Spesh Roubaix, hence the high front end.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    I like that a lot, but I'm reserving judgment until I've seen someone descending on it as it doesn't look set up to make descending look graceful.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I love Look bikes. Last years Endura ones were beautiful, as was the mtb that Oli Beckingsale rode.