what would you buy if you had two grand ?

2»

Comments

• mr_dobbo
    mr_dobbo Posts: 53
    I don't know why more bike manufacturers don't take a leaf out of Canyons & Focus books and do stealthy looking bikes. I don't want a bike that looks like an ice cream van or with MASSIVE LOGOS on every spare mm of frame.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    If we're still doing this then probably this http://www.canyon.com/_uk/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2503
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Mr Dobbo wrote:
    I don't know why more bike manufacturers don't take a leaf out of Canyons & Focus books and do stealthy looking bikes. I don't want a bike that looks like an ice cream van or with MASSIVE LOGOS on every spare mm of frame.

One man's meat is another man's poison.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • houndlegs
    houndlegs Posts: 267
    At this moment in time,I'd buy a super duper top of the range all singing all dancing umbrella.
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    Two standout choices are both German and both only available via the internet: ROSE and Canyon which gives you a great carbon or aluminium frame, Ultegra Di2 and good wheel sets.

Both spec'd way above the compeition and sub 2grand as they dont inclue a LBS mark up. In the current economy, theres no need to splash out extra cash to get teh same quality spec.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    if I had to spend 2k on one bike - GHOST - race lector comp

www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=68710

if I had to spend 2k on bikes (see, plural!) I'd put 1k on a planet x pro carbon and spend the other 1k getting together a nice Japanese steel keirin bike
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Surprised no one has gone focus Izaco 3 or cube litening, both look good value and nice bikes.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Specialized Roubaix fits best with what I want to do cycling-wise and I like that brand a lot
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    A ticket to fly me and my bike to somewhere far away, warm and sunny.
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • sparkins1972
    sparkins1972 Posts: 252
    One of these probably given this summer

http://www.toxel.com/tech/2011/05/07/roof-for-your-bicycle/