Mum (OK, Mom) carries her 6 kids via bike

baudman
baudman Posts: 757
7422629250_e0555db997.jpg
Biking with kids is all the rage in Portland these days, but biking with six kids between the ages of 2 and 11? That's something I never would have thought possible before I met southeast Portland resident Emily Finch.

Finch, 34, is a powerhouse. Watching her pedal her bakfiets cargo bike with four kids in the front, another one in a child seat behind her, and another one on a bike attached to hers via the rear rack, is a sight that not only inspires — it forces you to re-think what's possible.
http://bikeportland.org/2012/06/28/with ... bike-73731

And here I was, thinking I'm clever carrying my two!
Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike

Comments

• baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    Legislation in Aust says :
    They must be helmeted
    They must be in a seat designed to carry a person
    (or similar wordage).
    So, to my mind, she could ride that around here. Well, at least until she hit a hill, anyway ;)
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    Awesome.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Bloody Catholics :D

One things for sure after producing 6 girls, I bet she's glad she wasn't married to Henry VIII, she wouildn't have got to 6 I'd wager.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    baudman wrote:
    Legislation in Aust says :
    They must be helmeted
    They must be in a seat designed to carry a person
    (or similar wordage).
    So, to my mind, she could ride that around here. Well, at least until she hit a hill, anyway ;)

Agreed.. I can't think that anybody would / could stop her. Of course congested British roads & the weather might not help. I hope her brakes are good!
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.