i think i may have found my answer

foo-fighter
foo-fighter Posts: 113
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Following on from a recent post i made about not suiting certian makes of bike, i decided just for curiosities sake, to nip in to evans this morning and try a few different manufacturers and frame sizes. I tried a few jamis and trek bikes in various frame sizes, some bigger some smaller than my own specialized 58 cm. They all felt ok but not a massive leap forward to my current bike, then i tried a cannondale caad8 and it felt instantly better. It was a 56cm frame, and the sales guy in evans initially said it would be to small for me, but he adjusted the seat and once on it, with my hands on the hoods, i couldnt see the front hub behind or in front of the stem. Comfort wise it felt instantly better to. My question is would i be being stupid to buy a different bike or should i persevere with my current speialized allez?

Si

Comments

• andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    try a different stem on the allez, if you haven't already.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • foo-fighter
    foo-fighter Posts: 113
    i've tried that and it hasnt made a huge difference really.
  • Ka12
    Ka12 Posts: 216
    If you don't like the feel of your current bike then I would change it, I bought a specialized dolce bike but didn't feel comfortable on it - I sold it pretty quickly and bought a boardman carbon fi and I feel so much better on it and want to go out on it more :)
  • Foo Fighter - I can vouch for the CAAD8 as i currently have one! - I'm 5ft 9' and have the the 54cm frame which suits me perfectly. Like you, i tried a few bikes before i settled with the CAAD8 as it just seemed 'right' and i have had no problems whatsoever with it.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    It is common for the Dale to fit big - so people often end up with a smaller frame than if they had other makes - just teh way it is.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Get a 'bike fit' so the bike is made to fit you and not the other way around?