Hello

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,350
edited July 2012 in The cake stop
I thought I'd pop over as MattC59 was pointing out that after the great ejection of toys from prams debacle there should be some more commuters over here. So, what should I do now, introduce myself as if I was at an alcoholics anonymous meeting?
To be honest would you even want the ones that kicked up a stink over here? I pop my head around the corner on occasion anyway, as do many of the others.
Anyway, I'm going to see what's happening in bottom bracket as tumbleweed blows through this thread.

Comments

• Hello.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So, what should I do now, introduce myself as if I was at an alcoholics anonymous meeting?
    Tell us what your favourite cake is....?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    And if you feel like counting please feel free to add to the counting post.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    my little boy is learning to count, its very cute. I've explained to him a simple history of numbers too, he finds the idea of the Roman numerical system hilarious.
  • veronese68
    Mmmmm, cake. I do like a good lemon drizzle cake. Not keen on stuff with coffee or coconut in it. Does bread pudding count as cake?
    I'll pop by the counting thread now, thanks Cleat.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Louisiana Crunch Cake - there is no finer cakey comestible.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Users browsing this forum: SimonAH and 3 guests................... You were right. Tumbleweed.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I really don't get MattC59's point.

CS gets purged of the "Girls In" threads. They reappear in BB. Now the CS-ers are complaining that CS is a shadow of its former self.

When Commuting was split into CC and Commuting General (aka the Mortuary), the regulars just moved themselves into CC. CG was stillborn, and has stayed dead.

So why haven't the CS-ers decamped en masse to BB, turned BB into the new CS and left CS to die?
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Greg66 wrote:

CS gets purged of the "Girls In" threads. They reappear in BB. Now the CS-ers are complaining that CS is a shadow of its former self.

When Commuting was split into CC and Commuting General (aka the Mortuary), the regulars just moved themselves into CC. CG was stillborn, and has stayed dead.

So why haven't the CS-ers decamped en masse to BB, turned BB into the new CS and left CS to die?

The point being; that all those who p*ssed and whined about the content of CakeStop weren't contributers, or visitors in the first place. Now they've got their way, they're still not contributing.

Cake Stop has become somewhat dull and Bottom Bracket, though the rules are more relaxed, appears somewhat over moderated.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Greg66 wrote:

it's obvious, some people just resent being told what to do, quite right too, *whose forum is it anyway :D

*Rhetorical question, but feel to comment as you don't want to be told what to do, do you?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b
    @ Veronese68

coming over here flaunting your big red 'Kona' it shouldn't be allowed, such filth! :o
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    @ Veronese68

coming over here flaunting your big red 'Kona' it shouldn't be allowed, such filth! :o
    I now pronounce it in what I believe to be the Portugese way. So it's pronounced more like Korna if I've been advised correctly.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    MattC59 wrote:
    The point being; that all those who p*ssed and whined about the content of CakeStop weren't contributers, or visitors in the first place. Now they've got their way, they're still not contributing.

Cake Stop has become somewhat dull and Bottom Bracket, though the rules are more relaxed, appears somewhat over moderated.

But it seems (from various comments both here and on CC) that the overwhelming majority of CS-ers don't want CC-ers posting over here. As someone eloquently put it in CC yesterday: "Commuters, you lot are a bunch of cnuts."
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    @ Veronese68

I now pronounce it in what I believe to be the Portugese way. So it's pronounced more like Korna if I've been advised correctly.

o vermelho grande cona e a sua pronúncia são ambos maravilhoso! :D
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    @ Veronese68

o vermelho grande cona e a sua pronúncia são ambos maravilhoso! :D

Guessing from my knowledge of Italian I'd say that says something about grand punani and my marvelous pronounciation.