Lidl Bike Stand

roverthehill
roverthehill Posts: 155
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Been looking for a cheapo bike stand for a while - anyone know if these are anyway decent?

http://www.lidl-ni.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/S ... _21754.htm

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Looks fine to me. Thinking of getting one myself.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Fingers crossed I'll be getting one Thursday, Look great value for money.

A lot of people I know swear by Lidl's bike products, Well most of it lol
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    ive got the bike tool kit not managed to even round a hex key yet (had it about 18months) might get one of the bike stands
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • neilp7
    neilp7 Posts: 66
    Excellent stand for the money, i got one the last time Lidl had them. Very stable and easily adjustable.
  • b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    most lidl stuff is ok , stay away from the shoes though , i bought some for a spare pair and the first time i used the the cleat ripped out of the bottom of the shoe as i unclipped .
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I've got a stand that looks just about identical to that, but I got mine off eBay (probably the same). It's done me well so far, it struggles to angle the bike, but to be honest, that doesn't bother me as it's just working without having to bend down all the time that I want.
    For £30, it'll be worth it!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    I got one of these last year when they had them. Few issues with the clamp twisting when I put the kona stinky on it (just required drilling a small hole and sticking another bolt in) but holds my mates hardtail fine. All in all a total bargin at £30
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    tbh you could just use it for storage and it would still be a bargin, might pop in and get one is there is one left, best stuff seems to go quickly in lidl and aldi sales
  • Not got a Lidl nearby me. Can you buy online?
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Not got a Lidl nearby me. Can you buy online?

nah first come first serve at the store :(
  • mak3m wrote:

Nutz! :cry:
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

• thekickingmule
    mak3m wrote:

Nutz! :cry:
    Shhhh don't tell the others ;)
    Edit: If you look on fleabay, they're about £40, which is still a bargain (especially if there isn't a Lidl near you)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • this chap on ebay imports them too and also makes a couple of variations of them, Bench and wall mounts,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170841344069? ... 1436.l2649
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Well for anyone heading for the Forest of Dean the Lidl store on the outskirts of Monmouth (just over the river from the A40) had about forty of these in stock at 11am today - not sold a single one at that point, all still wrapped in the plastic film on the pallet.
  • bazza333
    bazza333 Posts: 86
    My local Lidl(Camberley) sold out at 10.30. There was a small crowd gathered round them when I arrived and I managed to get the last one.
  • Got one this morning on the way in to work. Much more robust and sturdier than I imagined it would be and stores easily in the bike house. Luvly-jubbly. . :)
  • Joe_Pineapples
    Joe_Pineapples Posts: 1,718
    Got one tonight from the Hamilton branch (there were loads left). It's sturdy and doesn't wobble, even with the downhill bike on it.
    Much cheapness!
  • considering i havent got a bike yet i went mad
    stand
    wallrack
    little tool kit
    3 packs of socks
    jacket
    glovesfor me and her
    lock for the mrs
    computer for mrs
    leggings for her

oops
  • thekickingmule
    ^ This must be a new definition for "All the gear, no idea" :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I just got two, one for me and one for my roadie mate. They feel heavy enough in the box.
  • ^ This must be a new definition for "All the gear, no idea" :lol:

to be fair your are spot on :P

(but the mrs does have a bike)
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    I got the last 2 at my local store (one for my brother and one for me)

Some poor bloke was just a bit too late and tried having a go at me for buying 2 lol You snooze you loose!
  • kenny212
    kenny212 Posts: 6
    I was in my local lidl in Govan ,there were approx 10 left in store tonight as I was buying a few of the cycle wears
  • Got mine Thursday and i am impressed with how sturdy it is. I really was expecting something that looked and felt much much cheaper. Full days tinkering planned tomorrow :mrgreen:
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    Got one today. Plenty left in the Worle store.

Put it together in the living room and I have to say I am very impressed. Much bigger and sturdier than I expected. Recommended.
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • After umming and arghing for a few days I picked one up today while passing through Caerphilly. They had another ten left. Not sure how much use it'll really get as I've managed without so far but at £30 it's worth a try and can always sell it on for £15 if it becomes an ornament!
  • After umming and arghing for a few days I picked one up today while passing through Caerphilly. They had another ten left. Not sure how much use it'll really get as I've managed without so far but at £30 it's worth a try and can always sell it on for £15 if it becomes an ornament!
    I'll save you the hassle and just give you £15 now (plus postage!) as I have no Lidl within an hours drive of me!
    Newbie with a Felt Q720