How do you kna mud guard will fit?

ianbar
ianbar Posts: 1,354
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hello, I have a caad8 and I am thinking of usin it o commute and maybe as my winter bike if I get a new one soon.how do I know I can fit mud guards? There doesn't look a great deal of spade between the tyre and calipers to me but I guess mud guards are thin!
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

Comments

• http://www.crudproducts.com/ - the RoadRacer mk2's

I didn't think they'd fit my bike, but they do! Recommended! (If a bit fiddly to fit in the first place)
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    Thank you I will look into it more then,if I can the. Gives me good excuse to look into a new main bike ;-)
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • EarlyGo
    EarlyGo Posts: 281
    ianbar,

If you can slide a 4mm allen key between the top of the tyre and the brake caliper / frame then crud road racers mk2 will fit.

If the allen key doesn't fit then check the spec of your tyres and buy a lower profile (height) tyre. Check out this months C+ and you'll see that the height of tyres varies by 1-2mm which could make all the difference to getting mudguards on or not.

I couldn't get mudguards on my Spesh Secteur with 25mm Spesh 'all conditions' tyres on but they fitted easily with some 23mm Vittoria slicks fitted instead.

Regards, EarlyGo