Longest ride yet

jagx400
jagx400 Posts: 132
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Well I went out this morning in the hope of doing at least 40 miles, my longest ride yet. I managed 44.2 miles and an average speed of 15.23 mph. Could have gone faster but was taking in the scenery and enjoying the ride.

I now ache like you know what, but feel good for achieving the distance. Extra 4 miles came from taking a wrong turning and getting lost.

Its highlighted a few issues with my bike, mainly noise from the drive train, that will get fixed on its first service.

Well pleased, Only really posted this for that reason.

Since starting the cycling I've lost 2 stone so doing something for me. Oh and got an extra grand on my credit card (Focus Variado 1.0)

Comments

• EarlyGo
    EarlyGo Posts: 281
    Hi jag,

Nice one fella! Were you not tempted to take another wrong turn and get to the 'magic' 50miles?!

Nice first bike, but get any drive train noise fixed asap. Drive train noise means that something is slowly being worn out!

Regards, EarlyGo
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Congratulations, but as noted above do get the noise from the drivetrain looked at and sorted straight away.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Pretty good pace too
  • jagx400
    jagx400 Posts: 132
    EarlyGo wrote:
    Hi jag,

Nice one fella! Were you not tempted to take another wrong turn and get to the 'magic' 50miles?!

Nice first bike, but get any drive train noise fixed asap. Drive train noise means that something is slowly being worn out!

Regards, EarlyGo

Am taking the bike in tomorrow, may as well get the first service done at the same time.

I didnt realise I was only 6 miles off the magic 50, I should have checked my phone app before I got home, none the less still chuffed, and still managed to cycle to work this morning on my trusty old hybrid.