BMC Roadracer stiff ride ?

s1mon
s1mon Posts: 618
edited July 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

I test rode a Roadracer SL01 a few days back. Not a long test ride but it did feel quite a hard/stiff ride, is this the norm for a Roadracer ? or am I just used to my ht mtb :D

Thanks.

Comments

• siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    I found the vertical compliance last years pro and team SL01's very unpleasant, yet you read the reviews and apparently BMC's are "creamy smooth". For a far more supple ride, you could try a Scott CR1 or Giant Defy which IMO are tops for comfort yet still stiff enough to be racy. Trek Madones also have amazing power transfer yet seem remarkably adept at soaking up road buzz.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Put decent tyres on it and it will be fine. Nearly any bike rides like shit on £15 tyres which the vast majority ship with. I found the BMC stiff but fine when I ditched the cheapie rubber.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    BMC's selling point is the frame stiffness. That doesn't make the ride harsh, my SLX01 is superbly comfortable unless I run the tyres at 120+ psi. Have you compared it with other similar road bikes, or just your ht mtb?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    If you're going from a hardtail MTB to a road bike the ride is going to feel hard, it's not the BMC it's just a road bike, you'll get used to it and then equate the MTB to a wallowing elephant.