Not long now until the Bowland Badass..

maddog 2
maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
anyone who is daft/fit enough to have signed up should now be eating ice cream and watching the ITV4 coverage...
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer

Comments

• http://bowlandbadass.com/ All this for just 10 of your English pounds!
  • maddog 2
    well done for everyone that finished. What a ride!

I lost the route for a while between Chipping and Beacon Fell so ended up with 169 miles on my Garmin for the whole route.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • deets
    deets Posts: 17
    I followed the route perfectly but still ended up with 167.8 miles on the Garmin! Cracking day out with the best feedstops and friendly support of any sportive I've ever done. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really hope they run the event again next year.
  • maddog 2
    I'm sure we will. Whether I'll tackle it again remains to be seen. Everything from just before Birdy Brow was tough for me. But I'm enjoying it more now :wink:

My stats are here http://connect.garmin.com/activity/196712464

Ignore the strange HR blips though - the premium HR belt does this occasionally.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    edited July 2012
    Ignore this post as it went crazy after editing
    Brian B.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Brian B wrote:
    Really gutted that I missed this event as I was on holiday and was wondering how bad it was?

After reading your the post I decided to see how I would have faired as I had only ever done 150miles in one day before. Yesterday I clocked up an impressive 173miles with over 5000m of climbing. Something weird about starting cold and early in morning, getting the afternoon heat and finishing colder again late at night. I averaged 15mph but was actually out for 14hrs as I stopped at cafe and a few shops etc.

Felt really weird late last night and woke up today with a strange feeling which the closest thing I could say it was like was a hangover but without the sore head but again not quite like that. My legs were quite comical in that they were okay to walk on but I was unable to crouch without them seizing up.
    Brian B.