How loud are the Stone Roses?

msmancunia
msmancunia Posts: 1,415
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
I'm six or seven miles away and I can tell they are playing Sally Cinnamon. That crowd must be bleeding from the ears.

Yes, I'm getting old.
Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    My windows were rattling from Download a couple of weeks back.

I'm in Kegworth.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Yukirin
    Yukirin Posts: 231
    msmancunia wrote:
    I'm six or seven miles away and I can tell they are playing Sally Cinnamon. That crowd must be bleeding from the ears.

Yes, I'm getting old.

I used to live 5 miles from a go kart track with just farm land between us. With the wind the right way on a quiet Sunday it was like they were racing outside on the road even with the double glazing. I worked at the track for a while, it wasnt much louder in the cafe beside the track than it was back home.
  • Kerguelen
    Kerguelen Posts: 248
    msmancunia wrote:

Yes, I'm getting old.

It's not you. I saw them at Glasgow Green in 1990 and they were ****ing loud.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    There is urban legend around U2 being one of the loudest bands; note for being loud it is all down to the engineers and the size of PA, the amount of air it can shift.

I saw U2 at Cardiff Arms park on the Zoo TV tour many years ago - it was soon after that gig that Cardiff Arms park was torn down and Millennium stadium put in it's place. Part of the reason for this was that structural damage had occurred during the U2 gig due to the PA being so loud and physically shaking the stadium.......
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I remember Deep Purple opening at Knebworth and listening to it in my garden eight miles away :-D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Tom Jones plays Sanddown Race Course each year and I can listen to the full gig in my back garden 5km away.

I get the impression Tom isn't using any form of amplification either.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX