well the inevitable happened

VWsurfbum
VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Took no1 and no2 out on the bikes and trailer to the park. Get to the park no1 decides riding suddenly has become too hard. Cue 2 hours of hell children.
Loading car back up with bikes and all the gear I get distracted by no2. No1 is wingeing again. I load her bike and off we go.
I get flashed ad leaving the car park. Guy just drives past. Nob I thought. So I drive off and bike on roof hits roof, bounces down the roof and boot and continues to bounce down the road. :shock:
So I have a newly dented roof and a brand new bent rear mech!
Never sworn in front of the kids before, I think they learned some new language today.

So if your thinking of a new bike, get a carbon one as they bounce!!

If your getting a roof mounted rack, make sure you secure bike.
Pictures to follow
Kazza the Tranny
Now for sale Fatty

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so it is Project Bounce now?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • VWsurfbum
    Lol
    Now its project sell the kids to pay for dent removal or freedom for short.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I dented the top of my car when I put CWNT's bike on the roof. The Thule bar wasn't quite attached to the roof bars properly, a guy furiously waved and tooted us on the motorway, as it turns out CWNT's bike was doing an endo :lol:

We almost missed it as we checked the bikes as when stopped, everything looked ok :lol: I've triple checked the bikes ever since that day!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    I normally do double check, but being wound up since 06:50 this morning i was ready to snap, just glad the bike didnt!

temporary-23.jpg
    temporary-24.jpg
    temporary-25.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i wouldnt bother getting that fixed. shame for it to have happened of course but at least the bikes arent too badly damaged.
  • VWsurfbum
    Just so happens i'm giving this car to the wife so it will be trashed in no time i'm sure.
    Just pisses me off damaging anything.
    just straightend mech, so see how that works :(
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I dented the top of my car when I put CWNT's bike on the roof. The Thule bar wasn't quite attached to the roof bars properly, a guy furiously waved and tooted us on the motorway, as it turns out CWNT's bike was doing an endo :lol:

We almost missed it as we checked the bikes as when stopped, everything looked ok :lol: I've triple checked the bikes ever since that day!

Ah yes, good times. How we laughed!

We get to try it again in a few weeks too!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    What a terrible coloured car
    Ignore Sheeps and use the dent on the roof as a justifiable excuse to get the car resprayed in a respectable colour :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    You mean to say you were or with kids and bikes and you choose to strap your precious bike to the roof? Surely that's what the loadspace is for, strap the kids to the roof. Plus nobody steals kids.

Only in Portugal
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Bah - a bit of T-Cut and it'll be fine.

:P

Next time put the bike in the car and the kids on the roof!!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck the car, let's have some pics of the bike
  • VWsurfbum
    Luckily i have bar ends on for the kaiser challenge, they took the brunt, and only a bent (now straightned) mech. Fame and forks, not a scratch!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stop the kids pocket money to pay for the damages?
  • VWsurfbum
    matthew h wrote:
    Stop the kids pocket money to pay for the damages?
    If i was generous enough to give it to them in the first place, its a bloody good idea, i'll have to take it out on their hides!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty